Lt. Commander
Given the current leveling system it isn't going to be hard for everyone to get to max level in less than a month. What are we going to do at that time? Doesn't these developers realize that a game with no longevity isn't going to last.

It will be like all the others max level with nothing to do. I love this game and I hope that it doesn't end up this way but it seems inevitable given current MMO trends.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:48 AM
I am a loot *****, so as long as I can constantly be on the lookout for better stuff I'll be fine hovering on Admiral till more content comes out. Though I still have a while to go since it took me 12+ hours to make Lt Cmdr.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Well you can always make a Klingon toon (or Fed if you are already Klingon). You can always wait for new content down the road too!

I am personally ok with the skill cap. For one, there is not a single Starfleet captain out there that is trained in every ability. In addition, the game would be way unbalanced with people leveling all skills! He would be a damn TANK!

besides, it makes you play with more strategy when you have to decide what skill to level.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Just because you will not longer advance in rank, doesn't mean you will not longer advance in grade.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 08:51 AM
they can add some kind of "sub" levelling system.. like specializing more in your class / ship type. it's not hard if you just think about it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 08:52 AM
"Normal" players won't be admiral in a month. People who are playing enough to get to Admiral in a month are probably also aware of some of the consequences.

At admiral, you'll do the same as pre-admiral. You'll fight in space and on the ground, you'll level your BOs and probably swap them around to try new things, you'll probably try to buy more ships and so on. If you like the basic gameplay, you'll keep playing it, just like every other MMO. (my priest in WoW at the cap still heals in groups, just like leveling up, for instance)

If you're bored with gameplay or there is not any gear or other items/BOs that you want, I guess you'll stop playing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Yes it would be sweet to have a system once hitting the top rank, in which you could specialize your character more in....
I love this sort of system, a great and probably the best example is the AA system in EQ1. Its been around forever and still gives you a sense of progression, I mean you may hit level 80, but there are thousands of tiny levels to do after that and each one makes your character a bit more powerful then the next one over that doesnt have as many aa's or as well a planned aa tree.
AA= alternate advancement points.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I'll hunt loot to make myself as strong as possible.

Help newbs learn the game.

Help fleet members build new captions and ships.

pvp
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
I am a loot *****, so as long as I can constantly be on the lookout for better stuff I'll be fine hovering on Admiral till more content comes out. Though I still have a while to go since it took me 12+ hours to make Lt Cmdr.
I love high end loot as well. I'll spend all my time looking for that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treboran
"Normal" players won't be admiral in a month. People who are playing enough to get to Admiral in a month are probably also aware of some of the consequences.

At admiral, you'll do the same as pre-admiral. You'll fight in space and on the ground, you'll level your BOs and probably swap them around to try new things, you'll probably try to buy more ships and so on. If you like the basic gameplay, you'll keep playing it, just like every other MMO. (my priest in WoW at the cap still heals in groups, just like leveling up, for instance)

If you're bored with gameplay or there is not any gear or other items/BOs that you want, I guess you'll stop playing.
Actaully Normal players will. Lower end Avg gamer spends about 21hrs a week in a MMO. 21 x 4 =84hrs so in 1 month a person playing 2-3hrs a nite and 4-5 on weekend days can make Admiral easy in a month.