Captain
# 31
12-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
First the tax thing.
Now, I'm beginning to think you're either a Dev or a Mod signed in under an alternate name.
Why would a Dev or Moderator do that? I'm guessing it's some ordinary player just wanting to play around with people but not have their reputation hurt.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
12-23-2013, 05:16 PM
I say go for it. let him have his bank loaning tool. Then people can create alt accounts borrow money and send it off to their real account. Since ec cannot go negative and there is no way to extract funds from a dead account (aka blood from stone), he will have no ec and just a bunch of iou's. There will be nothing to reposes and nothing to claim because the funds wont be there.

We will all have new lock box ships thanks to the off account borrower and the nausicans will be knocking on a different door.

So yes I'm all in support of him giving me free money in a convoluted fashion.
Captain
# 33
12-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
I say go for it. let him have his bank loaning tool. Then people can create alt accounts borrow money and send it off to their real account. Since ec cannot go negative and there is no way to extract funds from a dead account (aka blood from stone), he will have no ec and just a bunch of iou's. There will be nothing to reposes and nothing to claim because the funds wont be there.

We will all have new lock box ships thanks to the off account borrower and the nausicans will be knocking on a different door.

So yes I'm all in support of him giving me free money in a convoluted fashion.
I like that idea... actually, great idea! Cryptic, please add this!
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Captain
# 34
12-26-2013, 02:20 AM
Well, you know the saying: Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Lieutenant
# 35
08-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Well, may be it would be nice if the crafting system could benefit the fleets as well, I mean with a holding or such a thing. So Fleets could be transformed into companies, and the company stock, could be traded. That would be great.
Giving players the opportunity to acquire capital, would stimulate the economy and every player could benefit from new technologies, because there would be competition.
Captain
# 36
08-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Well maybe it could be a special Perk of playing as a Ferengi Character?

But on a more serious note, I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing that deserves the development time, I doubt its really a good return for the developers time, And I question how useful it would be to actual players

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Lieutenant
# 37
08-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Getting, companies with tradable stock would really be nice, if they would create a Ferengie faction. But that was just a joke. Its about the loan thing, people opposed it as if I said everyone has to eat his pants if he wants to play STO.
Captain
# 38
08-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anahadar View Post
Hey guys,

ussually I have more liquidity then I need. And there are several people who would like to borrow money from me. The Problem is, I cant trust every one AND I've got the problemn that I dont see the people because some times I am only online 2h the week.

So it would be very nice if we could get an money lending tool, which automaticly collects the money on the day the loan is called in.

I am thinking of some thing strucktured like this:

Amonut lendt to the debtor: xxxx EC

Intrest rate (per month): x,x%

installment plan: x EC on the dd.mm.yyyy ; x EC on the dd.mm.yyyy ; .......

I mean I do not have to explain how a loan works.
Would be just nice if you could get us some tool like this, that would save me a lot of time.
Or it could be implemented in the fleetsystem, that would be great as well.
Simple solution, only loan to people you know, or have known, either in or out of game, for awhile. Problem solved. I loan EC to people sometimes. They're all in my Fleet and I know them. I also NEVER loan an amount that would cause me major inconvenience if I didn't get it back.
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Lieutenant
# 39
08-22-2014, 07:05 PM
Well, ok if you don't need such a tool just don't use it. As I said, I don't like dinosaurs, so I don't use Dyson ballte zone.
Republic Veteran
# 40 I hate moneylenders
08-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Jesus had the right idea. He just needed a higher caliber weapon.