Career Officer
# 41
08-22-2014, 08:06 PM
I have visions of a pair of Nausicaans showing up at Quark's and grabbing a players toon...
(is there a leg-cast option in the Tailor? Perhaps the Dev's should also add "cement space-boots'?)

The other thing I can envision, is the "Gold Farmers" suddenly finding a new way to destroy player accounts and/or huge numbers of threatening emails ganking the system.

Interesting idea, but not very practical considering the massive amount of abuse it could engender.

This idea is right up there with "Complete Open-Space PvP"

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 08-22-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Lieutenant
# 42
08-22-2014, 09:28 PM
May be the dev's should add, Mortgages and Mortgage-Backed-Securities as well to the game. So I could acquire enough capital to build a Jem'Hadar hatchery, with loyal soldiers who can guard me, 24/7.
That would be great. Yeah, ship mortgages, everyone gets a new ship, I am lending the Mortages and selling the as MBS, why not!?
Captain
# 43
08-22-2014, 10:54 PM
OP, I would like to say thank you.

This idea and many others like it is the reason why I say the playerbase can't be trusted to change the game for the "better"

Good job
Lieutenant
# 44
08-23-2014, 07:30 AM
That was sarcasm -.-
Ensign
# 45
08-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Just ask for a security like a similar valued item if they fail to cough up the ec keep the security.
Ive done this myself to quickly get a bargain on the exc and i lend to others if they have items they currently cant sell or want to as security deposit.
Lieutenant
# 46
08-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Got your point, the problem is the most valuable Items, are bind, so they can't trade them :-/
Ensign
# 47
08-23-2014, 10:29 AM
" No good deed ever goes unpunished. "
Captain
# 48
08-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anahadar View Post
Since you are not willing to contribute to the topic I'll add an another idea, to the original one.

What if the loan aggrements, would be tradable items? So you could sell them on the exchange.
It would be even better if you could put the loan aggreements together and split them again.
This way you could invest your money in low risk products and people in need of money could easly raise funds.
If the Dev's were, to EVER add any such game mechanics like this, it would be thru a Dev controlled system, and not thru a player controlled system.

This could potentially, be another way to chew at EC's being in such high quantity, but highly doubtful!
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
08-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Stop necroing old threads mods please close this its twice the op has done this. Op go play monopoly or something this is not a banking/tax game its star trek for god sake
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Captain
# 50
08-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbor2 View Post
Stop necroing old threads mods please close this its twice the op has done this. Op go play monopoly or something this is not a banking/tax game its star trek for god sake

I think he wants to play eve, but can afford it, so he wants to turn this game into a budget version of it.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.