Commander
# 51
08-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Second of all what would happen if someone "borrowed" 250 million for a JHAS then couldn't pay it back or heaven forbid just had and kept no ec?
That's a major problem with this idea, the is no real collateral.
So why not automatically just drain the ECs from the player? Player would have no steady EC flow for batteries, new builds, and rep. Player would need to climb this huge wall before he/she can really do something. Player grinds, gets bored, goes on to new toon/account/stops playing.
As far as the whole necromancy, I've heard nothing about necroing old subjects. I only hear that it is bad to necromance the actual thread, and that you should create a new thread instead, like what the OP did.
Here at RIDL, we do not get all the resources we normally require.

We take what you give us, then turn it into the greatest weapon you've seen.
Lieutenant
# 52
08-24-2014, 06:19 AM
Gosh this is, so funny! The same three unemployed **** reading and replying to every post. Seriously don't you have a job? Or may be a family or at least friends?

If you wanna talk to some one go to the barber. And if you have an inability to talk to people face to face, go and see a psychologist. Stop bugging me.
And now don't you give me that, "this is a public forum crap."

Because I am a good person, I'll help you solving your problems, look what I found on google:

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/
Lieutenant
# 53
08-24-2014, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lystent View Post
That's a major problem with this idea, the is no real collateral.
So why not automatically just drain the ECs from the player? Player would have no steady EC flow for batteries, new builds, and rep. Player would need to climb this huge wall before he/she can really do something. Player grinds, gets bored, goes on to new toon/account/stops playing.
As far as the whole necromancy, I've heard nothing about necroing old subjects. I only hear that it is bad to necromance the actual thread, and that you should create a new thread instead, like what the OP did.
Well, THANK YOU!
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
08-24-2014, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anahadar View Post
Gosh this is, so funny! The same three unemployed **** reading and replying to every post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anahadar View Post
Because I am a good person, I'll help you solving your problems
Sorry, #youfail.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Commander
# 55
08-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Quote:
I gave this a little bit more thought: Instead of taking 100% of player's earnings as collateral, take a smaller percentage, like 30%.
This will allow player to do stuff, but you will get payed much slower. Also, there is a chance player may still get a bit angsty.
Now another thing I am worried about are the people who do not know how to survive a loan. Both the loaner and the loany would pay, perhaps dearly (person goes "oh, look easy way to get money" gets a loan, spends all the ECs, then goes: "oh no, I need to find a way to make money"). Yes, people would need to acknowledge that there is a risk, but some would not actually acknowledge that and would complain if something goes terribly wrong. You idea is a perfect way to discover what is wrong with the common person.
Sorry, but this is what I know, and I must address what I know the way I know it so that it is known and taken care of.

Starfleet Veteran
# 56
08-24-2014, 12:09 PM
I can understand where the OP is coming from, but I'd have to say no to this idea. But like him I also lend EC to people, but only to people in my fleet and I've never expected them to pay it back in one lump sum. I've found the easiest way to keep track of what I'm loaning out is to use the characters Biography screen, its convenient, and can be updated straight away after you've received a payment from someone.
Those that can, will and those that can't will Aux2bat everything or cry "Nerf"
I've three manned CGE & IGE, two manned KAGE and IGN all with optionals, Completed IGE with 9:27 left on the optional timer
Commander
# 57
08-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Now I can't do an actual quote, because the thread is closed, but here is what Askray said:
"Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one!"
From the thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=257403.

Commander
# 58
08-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Now I can't do an actual quote, because the thread is closed, but here is what Askray said:
"Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one!"
From the thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=257403.
I stand corrected. I've read the OP, then I looked to see if there is a gap bigger than 30 days, and there was. But this thread was necroed by the OP, so I do not know if it is allowed or not (because it was done by the OP).
I really should check time stamps more often.

Survivor of Romulus
# 59
08-24-2014, 01:06 PM
This thread is a necro # 1
*Loans
12-19-2013, 04:56 AM thats when it was started
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Captain
# 60
08-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Clearly the OP is trolling. That should be apparent when this individual kept bumping their own post with progressively crazier ideas. The cherry on top was asking for mortgage backed security being added to the game. Hopefully no one reports this thread so the OP can revisit this in a year.

[Begins to slow clap for the OP's excellence in trolling]

44th Fleet/44th Assault Squadron