Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Personally I just like making up weird races with the Alien option. Heh.

Though having bridge officers somewhat relieves the alting pressure, IMO; I mean, in one sense, you don't have 2-3 character slots but 10-15...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
In that case, I think we should have the same as CO. 8 slots total (for non-lifers). 2 additional for the lifers and additional ones you can purchase.
But then how would they fleece more money off the lifers once they release romulans and cardassians?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
But then how would they fleece more money off the lifers once they release romulans and cardassians?
As I'm largely from SWG where I could have only 1, O-N-E, Char slot on each different server and only mid Post-CU unlocked my Jedi, which in turn gave me the Jedi + 1 extra slot, making it 3 Slots almost 2 years after the game released.

Mind you, SWG had, for me, the most complex crafting system ever. As I developed a love for crafting I've had to purchase yet another account in order to be somewhat effective. Which meant for me, I was shelling out 2*13 bucks E-A-C-H month, with 2 chars to play. 1 pure Crafter, 1 Combat / Mule.

So I see no problem paying 15 bucks O-N-C-E for 4 slots extra. Sure I know I've got more than 1 slot on other games, but this really doesn't bother me. Just because other games have it, doesn't mean STO must have it too. Common courtesy, you say? I say meh....
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
In that case, I think we should have the same as CO. 8 slots total (for non-lifers). 2 additional for the lifers and additional ones you can purchase.

Agreed. The more slots the better.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Fleece? Thats a bit harsh. this is a product. its sold to you to give them money. Games = Charity. as long as they dont charge a ton for the slot im cool with the pay to get it option