Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
The theme song does bug the hell out of me. It's the least "Trek" theme song in a Trek series. But I can get past that and still thoroughly enjoy the show, since the theme song really has no bearing on the show itself.
If you listen to the words to the song, they are uplifting and inspiring in a TOTALLY Star Trek way. It's all about man's belief in growing and learning - and fits perfectly as the song for the prequel.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBunneh
The Enterprise looks not like a prototype from the past but something that is more at home in TNG/DS9/Voy. That really my issue.
Yes, but at the same time people want to watch something that looks cool, shiny, and futuristic ... not out-dated.

Part of what draws people to Trek is the technology and the ships etc.

It probably would have been more trouble than it was worth had they tried too hard to make the NX01 really dated.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
Yes, but at the same time people want to watch something that looks cool, shiny, and futuristic ... not out-dated.

Part of what draws people to Trek is the technology and the ships etc.

It probably would have been more trouble than it was worth had they tried too hard to make the NX01 really dated.
Boy I post a lot on this thread

The reason the Enterprise looks futuristic is, duh, the show is set in the future. When they made the show in the '60's they couldn't afford anything that looked as high-tech as we can make it and PLEASE, you tell me in 150 years - which do you think is more realistic: That our ships are going to look like something out of '60's Original Trek or something out of Enterprise Trek? I'd bet good money on Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I thought that Enterprise sucked too. But I've recently seen the 4th season for the first time and you know what?

It's pretty damn good. Very enjoyable.

Not up at DS9 levels of awesomeness, but still pretty damn good.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBunneh
I would have gotten more into Enterprise if they had not done two things. 1) used a re textured akira class as the Enterprise. 2) based most of there plot off of ZOMG time traveling bad guys.

I can almost get over number one. But really the whole time plots are just killing me they have been done to death.

They had to have some sort of time travelling, they needed Sam to feel at home
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
lol, enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Boy I post a lot on this thread

The reason the Enterprise looks futuristic is, duh, the show is set in the future.
No, the reason the Enterprise NX01 looks futuristic is beacuse they made a conscious decision to do so.

They could have made it look like a saucepan with two planks of wood attached to it, but they didn't.

It was a decision to go with something futurisitc, yet simplistic.

I've yet to hear the same arguement go for the new film: the Enterpise looks far far sleeker and futuristic than the Enterprise in TNG ... and yet the new film is also set in TNGs past.
Lt. Commander
# 38
Enterprise had a great deal of potential, but squandered it on the Temporal Cold War plot and poor characterization. I actually like Scott Bakula, but Archer came across as so wishy-washy and sanctimonious that it was a turn off.

I wanted a show where we got to see Earth first going out into the galactic community and saying, "Let me help." Instead, we got horrible canon violations, cat-suit wearing Science officers and a ship (and Captain) that got its rear end handed to it every week.
Lt. Commander
# 39
Sorry to you Enterprise haters but I really enjoyed the show. I don't care if the ship looks slightly more advanced then TOS it just reflects how the making of TV shows has improved...technically speaking.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
All Star trek Series are good. If you can't watch any of the series and enjoy them, it's a personal problem. You either take the show or the opinion to seriously Get over it and enjoy it.