Lt. Commander
# 41
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
I like Enterprise, TNG, DS9, etc etc.. all them, I miss not having a new Star Trek tv show of some kind...
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
I liked Enterprise enough to put together this Season 1 highlights video a short while back ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2_L0P7BORk
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myopic_Aardvark View Post
I thought that Enterprise sucked too. But I've recently seen the 4th season for the first time and you know what?

It's pretty damn good. Very enjoyable.

Not up at DS9 levels of awesomeness, but still pretty damn good.
I firmly believe that if ENT had been able to use seasons 5-7 (like TNG/DS9/VOY) to get into the Earth-Romulan War, it would've have given DS9 serious contention.

Also, apparently had ENT gone into a 5th season, it was supposed to get a refit which would have included a secondary hull. Something similar to the very bottom design here.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverisms View Post
I liked the theme song. I noticed they changed the musical arrangement in later seasons, which I saw very little of. I thought that was step backward.
Indeed. Its a song by Diane Warren. Was used at the end of a Robin Williams film as well. I like the orignal Verse part bu the chorus I find cheesy. But the song is very appropriate as it sings about hope and determination, which is what the NX program was all about. The rearrangement was just painful however.

I think Enterprise has polarised the Trek community more than any other series. I for one enjoyed it almost in its entirety. Poor show only got 4 seasons. But those who think it failed because of ratings you would be wrong. It was cancelled due to internal studio politics with regard to the sindication. It could have supported at least another season I think, and the ending was a bit flat because it was rushed.

Maverisms, if you haven't watched the later stuff, I would reccommend you at least try to watch through Season 3 as it is one continuous story arc and the last handful of episodes are brilliant (IMO). Also everyone should watch Affliction and DIvergence from Season 4 as it explains about the Klingon head ridges!
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
Also, apparently had ENT gone into a 5th season, it was supposed to get a refit which would have included a secondary hull. Something similar to the very bottom design here.
You have sauce for this?
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
While it's never bothered me that the NX looked like the Akira, and my problem with Enterprise was always the characters and pig-disgusting plots - I'm suddenly worried that I could have overlooked them if they had used that fourth design.

Thanks for making me realize how superficial I am deep down inside, jerk.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Enterprise just felt like the new Star Trek movie.
Another timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
So did no-one think it was cool to see the events unfolding that formed the basis of the whole Federation? Or was that just me?
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgc01 View Post
I like Enterprise, TNG, DS9, etc etc.. all them, I miss not having a new Star Trek tv show of some kind...
Couldn't have said it better myself For sucking so much I sure heard alot about fans trying to save it maybe it just wasn't you're cup of tea.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
IMO, I agree, Enterprise sucked. They had such a tremendous opportunity and they dropped the focking ball. They went back to the Klingons, they used aspects of a popular design for the main ship, went back to the alien of the week gimmick, used the Romulans in a very unbelievable way, threw in an unnecessary and consistant time travel plot, had uninteresting characters, both in the main cast and with many "aliens," and the Suliban were just straight up lame. A race of Sponge Bob Square Pants people, really? Ugh...I left a quarter of the way through season 2, and season 3 was the first time in my life I missed Star Trek episodes. To this day, I still haven't watched it, nor do I have any desire to seek it out.

Season 4, I did come back, and it was actually decent. Still not enough to keep me coming back for every episode, and I still didn't(don't) care for the cast (especially Archer and Trip,) but I was somewhat entertained by the shows in season 4...not including the finale.

There were aspects of it that I did like:

The concept of the first Starfleet crew exploring the unknown.
Vulcans as obstructionists.
Shran and the Andorians being adversaries.
The concept of a new hostile race threatening everyone.

Wow, put that all together and you could start off with:

1.The Andorians instead of the Klingons as the original adversaries.

2.Vulcans being obstructionists because they fear expansion from both the Andorian, and (now) human races.

3.Your classic races can be introduced with much more ease and plot logic since it's now a story about how
Starfleet and the Federation came into being.

4.Let that be the undertone along with stand-alone alien of the week episodes, and as the series progresses, you gradually introduce a new threat, which turns out to be the Klingons.

--