Lt. Commander
Hello,

First, i have no Creditcard and also no paypal. Last week there was a new option to pay via "Direct Debit".
I tried to purchase the LTA but it ended with an "There was an error processing your request." (many threads about this in this forum).

So I tried this again today hoping the server problems are solved.
But this time the option "pay via direct debit" was removed.

The response from the support team was this:

>Greetings!
>
>Thank you for contacting Cryptic Studios Billing Support.
>
>Please choose another paymentmethod.
>
>If you continue to have issues with your account, please either reply to this
>ticket or contact us by phone at +1-408-354-7850
>
>Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST.
>
>Regards,
>
>Cryptic Studios Billing Support

My question is: Is this only a temporary removal ? Is the LTA only till 01.02.2010 available ?
This would extremely sad, because my girlfriend, my buddy and me have no CC or paypal.

An offical statement would be nice about the plans of "Direct Debit" and future purchase of a
Lifetime account.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Depending on where you are in the world, you should be able to tie a PayPal account to a bank account, with funds coming out as a direct debit. You may want to investigate this option

As for your other question, as far as I'm aware, the discounted lifetime subscription with the liberated Borg choice for your captain will no longer be available for purchase after 01/02/2010. I've read somewhere (but can not currently find) that there is going to be a lifetime subscription available for purchase after February 1st, but it will be more expensive ($300) and not have the other perks.