# 11
02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
cool just got my new one from game and will have the borg and the rifle cool
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 09:59 AM
From an Amazon.co.uk email sent January 14th:

Quote:
We are writing to you regarding your recent order of Star Trek Online - Special Edition (PC DVD).

As you have pre-ordered Star Trek Online - Special Edition (PC DVD), we thought you might like to know that we've now confirmed details of a pre-order offer with the game's publishers, Namco Bandai.
LIES

I think I'm gonna go with everyone else and just not buy the normal copy from Amazon out of spite.. and because I want the T Shirt.. because I am stupidly cool

-DaMouse
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 10:05 AM
confusing, unless something has changed in the last week or so then the UK only had two versions for retail:

Collectors and Gold and the only difference was the exclusive content for big retailers (which was called Gold Edition). but if you still receive the BOff then you are still getting the gold edition... this could just mean the have dropped the title of Gold Edition to avoid confusion?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I got my gold edition from Game ^^ (or whatever Game calls it these days) for a bargain price of 29.99
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Got the email.. Checked with amazon...

The standard edition does not include the Borg Bridge Officer... They are also the only retailer that supplied it as a pre-order goodie. So that's not so good... Thanks for the speedy heads-up on that one Amazon...

That means I now have 0 versions on their way to me and 0 days to make a reorder to get it in time for launch...

I have checked with Direct2Drive and their version is available although they are warning that their preorders have been higher than usual and download rates 'May Vary' on the day on release... Great.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
You WILL still receive your Borg Bridge Officer in game unit code however!

INSTEAD, you can buy the Standard Edition here http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00361G0L8/ for 19.99 instead of the listed 39.99 with the voucher you will receive in your email although I am not sure if everyone will receive one.
The borg officer isn't listed on the item page for the standard edition, but even if it is included it doesn't make up for all the other missing extras.

Also..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon Email
Please note that the release date for the standard edition is Friday 12th February - one week after the Gold Edition's launch.
you have to wait an extra week + delivery.

I've sent them an email to say I'm not happy, and to ask for clarification on the preorder bonus, but considering how helpful the were(n't) with the beta codes I'm not expecting much.

Does anyone know if Cryptic have commented on this, I can't imagine they're too happy, having 1400 of there customers ****ed off just before release.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFBurbs View Post

The standard edition does not include the Borg Bridge Officer... They are also the only retailer that supplied it as a pre-order goodie. So that's not so good... Thanks for the speedy heads-up on that one Amazon...

That means I now have 0 versions on their way to me and 0 days to make a reorder to get it in time for launch...

I have checked with Direct2Drive and their version is available although they are warning that their preorders have been higher than usual and download rates 'May Vary' on the day on release... Great.
Were you in the open beta or head start? If so, I would think you don't need to download the software again. Just add the retail key to your account and you should be good to go...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
No Tempest, I bought my game later as I'm not a massive fan of Beta Testing... (Find it puts me off a game)...

For total clarification: There will be NO EMAIL with a Pre-Order key for the 1400+ pre-orders that Amazon have cancelled. Those pre-orderers will not be getting the Borg Bridge Officer: That's Amazon's official line.

Cryptic really should be doing something about this, but in the meantime I'm scrambling to make a bad day bearable...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:

For D2D you already have the game no need to re-download. All you will need to 2 with them is put in the key(s) they give you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Cryptic really should be doing something about this, but in the meantime I'm scrambling to make a bad day bearable...
Why should Cryptic be doing anything about it? It's not their fault that Amazon oversold, or that Namco Bandai didn't get enough copies made to fill demands.