Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFBurbs View Post
No Tempest, I bought my game later as I'm not a massive fan of Beta Testing... (Find it puts me off a game)...

For total clarification: There will be NO EMAIL with a Pre-Order key for the 1400+ pre-orders that Amazon have cancelled. Those pre-orderers will not be getting the Borg Bridge Officer: That's Amazon's official line.

Cryptic really should be doing something about this, but in the meantime I'm scrambling to make a bad day bearable...
It was a thought. Sorry about that.

Would a Del Taco Shuttle code help a little?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
I got the mail as well. Just ordered it at DirectDrive. Tired of it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLANDSON
Why should Cryptic be doing anything about it? It's not their fault that Amazon oversold, or that Namco Bandai didn't get enough copies made to fill demands.
It might not be their fault, but it's really bad publicity for them and it' should be easy enough to fix.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel_Chekout
Yep, i got the same email. If I don't get my pre-order I won't shop with Amazon again. I ordered the gold edition because I wanted the stuff with it.

20 for the standard is only 10 cheaper than others are still selling the Gold edition.

FFS and I cancelled from HMV to get amazons freebie /sigh

You WILL still receive your Borg Bridge Officer in game unit code!

Is this not tied to the retail code??
My gold edition was canceled by Amazon too. When I phoned them they told me that I woud also not receive the borg code
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLANDSON
Why should Cryptic be doing anything about it? It's not their fault that Amazon oversold, or that Namco Bandai didn't get enough copies made to fill demands.
I think Amazon WOULD ask for more copies. So it's in CRYPTIC's best interest to sell as many games. They should thank Amazon for having so many pre-orders. I think this just puts bad light on Amazon while it's suppliers fault.

I'm sure someone else will reply that it is ok because it is MMO and that's why it shouldn't be flawless...C'mon accept it - cryptek released sooner than it should! BTW, I love the game when it's in online state.
Lt. Commander
I too have been affected by this and complained to Amazon and got this less than helpful reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
As a means of apology, if you still wish to order the title, you can order the Standard Edition of Star Trek Online (PC DVD) from Amazon.co.uk for 19.99 by placing a new order and applying the Gift Certificate code below at checkout:

Claim Code: -----------------------

This code must be redeemed by the 30th of June.

Please note that the release date for the standard edition is Friday 12th February - one week after the Gold Edition's launch.
So not only can they not fulfil my original order, they can't even offer the Standard edition until 10 days after the release of the game. I've replied telling them where they can put their offer (sideways).

If 1400 pre-orders have been cancelled, then there may be a few more people who, like me, will never order from Amazon again.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 12:34 PM
If anyone wants my code for the cheap standard then pm me. first come etc....

Amazon = ar$e gravy!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
BREAKING NEWS: Amazon.co.uk have CANCELED 1400 pre-orders of STO: Gold edition!

So I gave them a call and this is indeed the case. I asked how many other orders have been canceled and he said ~1400.

I'm not sure if this has affected Amazon.com orders as well - someone needs to find out.

You WILL still receive your Borg Bridge Officer in game unit code however!

INSTEAD, you can buy the Standard Edition here http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00361G0L8/ for 19.99 instead of the listed 39.99 with the voucher you will receive in your email although I am not sure if everyone will receive one.

So Basically the people who had their orders cancelled are better off?
They still get there Borg Bridge officer, and pay 10 less for the game with the voucher.

And here you all are complaining.... Mine does not seem to be cancelled but i am probably now more annoyed than you as i got to pay 10 more for my Borg code....
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFFPicard View Post
So Basically the people who had their orders cancelled are better off?
They still get there Borg Bridge officer, and pay 10 less for the game with the voucher.

And here you all are complaining.... Mine does not seem to be cancelled but i am probably now more annoyed than you as i got to pay 10 more for my Borg code....
NO were not we DONT get the borg officer and have to place a order else where if we want it on release day.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Read what he said again, Amazon told the OP he WILL get the code and can get the game cheaper with the voucher.

Yes it may be about 7days late, but there are many ways round that.

1, pay a single months subscription and the game time from the retail code will stack
2, buy lifetime
3, Cryptic may even extend the grace period to 14days to allow people to receive their retail code