Lt. Commander
I have 9 pts in my science BO skill MES II i have 9 pts in Starship Sensor Array, Hirogen squadrons in the Psi Velorum sector block missions are revealing me from MES from 9-10 Km away.

The skill was a little to good in beta but now its completly usless ... Why was it so drasticaly over nurf batted ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Have you tried it against other stuff? I mean I'd expect it to be nerfed particularly for PvE because people were using it to bypass enemies completely.

I think you need to test it in PvP though before saying wether or not it was overnerfed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
Have you tried it against other stuff? I mean I'd expect it to be nerfed particularly for PvE because people were using it to bypass enemies completely.

I think you need to test it in PvP though before saying wether or not it was overnerfed.
Yes I tried it in pvp earlier was getting targeted 1st and revealed whilst under MES in pvp from 10km away. It seems pretty much a waste of points now.

There was no need to adjust the masking/stealth rating from 600+ to 330 ish simply preventing the use of shields while under MES was enough.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Did they also nerf cloaking to acctually be voulnerable to science ships now?

Another question: Are you running at high aux? I mean maybe they changed it to be affected by aux now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Did they also nerf cloaking to acctually be voulnerable to science ships now?

Another question: Are you running at high aux? I mean maybe they changed it to be affected by aux now.
my aux setting was 53/50
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Hmm... oh well, I guess they did overnerf it. I think they should nerf cloaks in the same way though. It's already a huge advantage if your enemy can't see you at 10-20km, but right now even a science ship running 110+ aux can't see a cloaked klingon till they are within 2km. At least unless this patch also changed that.
Lt. Commander
# 7 MES crushed
02-01-2010, 10:09 AM
I intend to test this out as well. It may only keep you from being on sensors until you are within weapons range (10k or so).. Not too useful in PvE since nothing responds to you until that range anyhow. If that is how it works then it is just slightly more than useless in PvP since it is helpful to be able to see where your enemy is and choose when to close with them. I don't think it is worth the investment that you quoted for the returns it is giving.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Cloak Nerf..
02-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Hmm... oh well, I guess they did overnerf it. I think they should nerf cloaks in the same way though. It's already a huge advantage if your enemy can't see you at 10-20km, but right now even a science ship running 110+ aux can't see a cloaked klingon till they are within 2km. At least unless this patch also changed that.
Perhaps if a science ship had a big passive detect buff ability which caused the same effects to the science ship that penalize a cloaked ship. No shields, minimum power output -> better detection scanning ability?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Why? Cloaking is pure benefit. There is nothing to counter it, then you say that the counter to it has to be penulized?

Does a cloaking ship get the benefit from its cloak when there is no science ship around? Heck yea.
Does the science ship get the benefit from its detection when there is no cloaked ship around? Nope.

So what could possibly be a sensical reason to demand that detection be penulized the same as cloaks?

Think man, think!
Lt. Commander
# 10 an OPTION..
02-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback.. except maybe for the "Think man, think!" part anyway

Quote:
Does a cloaking ship get the benefit from its cloak when there is no science ship around? Heck yea.
!
The cloaking ship also gets the penalties when there is no science ship around..

Quote:
Does the science ship get the benefit from its detection when there is no cloaked ship around? Nope.
Then don't activate the ability and therefore don't suffer the penalties.. same as a ship that can cloak but doesn't. It provides an OPTION.

Quote:
So what could possibly be a sensical reason to demand that detection be penulized the same as cloaks?!
It would give Federation teams an option to hunt for Klingons who hide on the far side of the map without the actual ability to have a "weapons hot" ship see them or expose them to their teammates too easily.