Lt. Commander
Yes that is exactly the problem. In many missions i can just warp to system and have, say 5/7 asteroids scanned already.. And while i try to find last two someone else already scans them and my mission is accomplished by doing nothing.

I really much would love to DO SOME OF THE WORK MYSELF

So is there an option to prevent this from happening or am i stuck in a game that others play for me?

If no such option exists, it is needed asap.

I do not mind beinmg in system with other players but i wish to scanb my roids myself dammit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:27 AM
you can take away the ability to auto join a party to prevent yourself from going in on a half a completed mission. When your chatting in STO, there is a funny three people looking icon to the right of the chat... click on that... and not only can you do all these nifty emotes from there... but there is a settings for auto-joining parties.

However, in PvP, it is useful to be in a party -
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
the option's there to turn that off, but it makes sense to see that you're not the only ship out there and others may have beaten you to it.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Many thanks
02-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Thank you for assistance. I will go and try that at once. I hope it does not affect how i see other people in these systems tho
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
User's shouldn't have to do that. The system should group you up with people also just starting the mission, and by starting I mean have just warped in. I see no reason for the system to group you up with a group that has been in there for 30 seconds or more.