Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Captain
Ooops they fixed FaW again...lol No critz but at least the drain works
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 12
12-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Did Cryptic/PWE QA even bother to really test FAW again before passing the 'fix' that broke FAX Crit again? WTH?
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 13
12-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusima View Post
Put it this way, since we've seen a demonstration that by fixing bugs, new ones are introduced. I'm simply proposing that it be reverted to what the player base believes is the least broken state. Whilst this introduces a minor beneficial buff, it's better than completely prejudicing FAW users over cannon uses in a very very big way.

We also have evidence to suggest Acc overflow was still broken even then. So it won't benefit us on balance, but it's better for everyone than this.
I know you don't speak for me and I doubt you speak for the "majority" of anything.

No ability should be allowing weapons to proc more then normal. That was one of the worst bugs to ever exist in this game imo. Yes it was horribly unbalanced.

Lets be honest you liked it because it allowed your faw boat to push 20k+ DPS in STFs. Broken is broken.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Commander
# 14
12-19-2013, 10:18 AM
you're happy about this?
really?
Commander
# 15
12-19-2013, 10:20 AM
i've made 3 posts about the various FAW bugs in the few weeks and they where all marked "resolved" without actually resolving the issues i reported...

So what's my incentive to report new bugs? everything i report doesn't get fixed and actually ends up worse than it was previously.
Captain
# 16
12-19-2013, 10:22 AM
It is pretty funny... and the PvE outrage is going to give me a good Xmas smile as there is no way this gets fixed till after the holidays. lmao

Honestly if Cryptic is listening... I KNOW Bort you say the work of making CSV work with beams would be heavy... however lets be honest... the work involved with tweaking faw every single patch is higher in the long run... if you need to sell the idea to your bosses. Simply explain to them that ever time this happens, they are loosing RP/PvE Casual players that get annoyed by the state of there main man skill. (Well I guess you won't do that if you think it might mean you job... blame someone else and make the point though lol)

Ok I'll stop being silly... seriously

CSV - Rename it Fire at Will... and take the time needed to allow the skill to work with any energy wepaon. (Seeing beams hit targets in a cone... is MORE true to Canon... it makes more sense in a game sense... and I get the feeling the code is cleaner, I only ever remember one major messed up version of CSV, and when you guys fixed its power useage awhile back it stayed fixed)
Captain
# 17
12-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lake1771 View Post
you're happy about this?
really?
No fawtard builds over the holidays... I am.
Captain
# 18
12-19-2013, 10:25 AM
So if Phaser still fine? If so I know what I'm running lol
Captain
# 19
12-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Well, to be honest, all of this probably started when the PVEHeroes in FAW Scimitars beat up some PVP guys, who then subsequently cried for a nerf and Cryptic started messing with the skill.

Last edited by drake122svk; 12-19-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Captain
# 20
12-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
So if Phaser still fine? If so I know what I'm running lol
No according to some reports Phaser is broke as every other energy type. Haven't tried myself though.
Closed Thread