Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 21
12-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake122svk View Post
Well, to be honest, all of this probably started when the PVEHeroes beat up some PVP guys with FAW Scimitars, who then subsequently cried for a nerf and Cryptic started messing with the skill.
Faw has been through quite honestly 30 or so versions now... I don't think the latest changes are anything new. lol

I think you can also blame the 2min STF runs more then anything else.

Regardless the power usage correction although nice... still doesn't fix the game breaking issue that is faw. Its still just as broken... so a small handful of noobs will go from breaking 8 or 9k DPS back down to 6k... but the guys doing 30k are sitll going to be doing 30k.
Captain
# 22
12-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasmdetector View Post
i've made 3 posts about the various FAW bugs in the few weeks and they where all marked "resolved" without actually resolving the issues i reported...

So what's my incentive to report new bugs? everything i report doesn't get fixed and actually ends up worse than it was previously.
What they are saying by resolved... is that they are aware of the issue and are either fine with it (don't consider it to be bugged)... or are already working on a fix. Its there way of telling you they hear you with out explaining to you what there future plans are.
Captain
# 23
12-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Can confirm: Romulan PLasma, Disrupters and Polaron (phased, fleet and normals) are all broke.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
12-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Eh no Cryptic...this isn't right! I'm not a faw guy but you've nerfed our best Fed cruiser build and in the meantime given the flanking buff to the Raiders...WTF?
This is a real Starfleet Cruiser, the awesome Adm. Marcus Vengeance! Stol Fed Cruisers suck!
Ensign
# 25
12-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I know you don't speak for me and I doubt you speak for the "majority" of anything.

No ability should be allowing weapons to proc more then normal. That was one of the worst bugs to ever exist in this game imo. Yes it was horribly unbalanced.

Lets be honest you liked it because it allowed your faw boat to push 20k+ DPS in STFs. Broken is broken.
Let me guess, you are a cannon user with an obvious chip on the shoulder... He does speak for me and others... I would propose that we all complain about each other skills so they all getting broken and in the end PWE wins as we all spending more money trying to find a build that actually works.
Commander
# 26
12-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Confirmed on my test ship. FAW does not crit at all now.

I enjoy playing this game and i've enjoyed beam boats particularly for almost a year now. It's not fun playing the game when stuff is broke. I've spent millions of EC and respec tokens doing tests to find these bugs.

Closing the last thread of the subject saying it's resolved when you did NOT even confirm that energy weapon spec was NOT working during FAW is reprehensible. Admitting there is an ACC problem is a step in the right direction. However the only thing resolved was making FAW use weapon power correctly now. At least i will assume it's working correctly now. Using a weapons battery sure doesn't seem to effect weapon power much. It still drains down to 70 on my ship with and without a weapons battery. Although average weapon power was increased by a bit it looks like.

Crit rate=not working
Crit Severity=not working (assumed)
Weapons battery working correctly ??? unknown

Last edited by dragonsbite; 12-19-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Are you freaking kidding me?! You broke it... while fixing it... AGAIN? This is why I will not spend another dime on this game. You got all the money you're going to get out of me till you pull your heads out your tailpipes.... I'm not paying for something that's broke.

*Edit - Supposedly BranFlakes just confirmed no fix until after the new year. Are you serious? 2 weeks until a fix? Lazy, shameful. Take care of your customers...
Delirium Tremens
XO of Training
Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
Join us at www.dtfleet.com

Last edited by silverrain79; 12-19-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Captain
# 28
12-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah, hopped into a fed fleet alert (as it requires no concentration at all) and sure enough, no crits. Power drain is a bit weird but not had time to really look at it but off the top of my head it's not working the same as regular firing.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
Brandon just confirmed via twitter that the problem has been passed on, but he doesn't think it will be dealt with before Christmas.
Captain
# 30
12-19-2013, 10:57 AM
That was pretty much obvious from the start.
Closed Thread