Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irontygre View Post
He speaks for more than himself. Vincire, don't assume that YOU speak for more than yourself.

There's something flat wrong with the difficulty. I've taken to grouping with friends (who all agree that it's too easy), and then soloing missions while they solo missions.

There is something severely wrong with the difficulty when you're wondering why a +2 mission balanced for 3 players is not terribly challenging.
I'm not. The game feels just right to me.

Once you get beyond the Miranda, enemies hit a lot harder and the game gradually increases in difficulty.

I don't find anything wrong with the difficulty at all. It feels perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Some sort of option for increasing your difficulty like City of Heroes has would be nice.

CoH Allows for 5 difficulty settings, as well as allowing you to set your mission spawn sizes from 1 to 8 people.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblik View Post
I can understand your guys frustration... but don't forget about how much heat Cryptic took when they made Champions Online more difficult after the beta.

Folks went off the deep end about that.

I expect that Cryptic will be cautious about ramping up the difficulty due to their experience with Champions. Can't say I blame them.
truth above.

It's these whiners that ruin any challenge for those of us who aren't panty wastes. I remember when that happened in CO, all the fragile babies who's egos can't handle not completely dominating a game threw fits because the game was actually challenging and took thought.

It's all these kids (maturity not actual age) who are so weak willed that they are afraid of ever having the chance at losing at a game so they refuse to play anything they might not win. Even though the definition of a game is something with an element of risk or a chance of failure.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzav View Post
Some sort of option for increasing your difficulty like City of Heroes has would be nice.

CoH Allows for 5 difficulty settings, as well as allowing you to set your mission spawn sizes from 1 to 8 people.

Yup.. this is what they need to do.. simple fix.. Im sure it will be in you know like after they are done optimizing servers..

can you just see the heat they would take if they were adding this stuff now, and not getting servers stable?? give it a few weeks or a month.. before you start jumping ship..
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I can't really speak to if its easy or hard, but I have never had to use any stim packs/shield regens/food/etc and I just turned LC1. Granted not very far into the game, but at the rate they have been throwing these out as loot rewards you would think that at some point they actually expected you to use them.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzav View Post

and its used mostly to exploit the game mechanics.... everyone here is nearly equal in hit points, dps and defense. there is no need for a slider to make it easier. if its too hard for someone then they dont play well.

Seriously, gamers are saying its too easy. That in its self should tell you there is a problem because its rare. Normally we wouldnt say a word and just exploit it for gold and loot and xp. The fact so many people are speaking up means that something isnt right.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Worf: Captain, the enemy has us out numbered and out gunned.

Picard: Open an emergency channel to Starfleet Command.

Admiral: Hello Captain, how's the flute lessons going?

Picard: Umm, good Admiral. Thank you for asking. We have a squadron of Romulans surrounding us and we are clearly not going to be able to hold this position.

Admiral: Ah... well... no worries, let me just contact our Continuum Ambassador and lower the difficulty of the universe by two-thirds.

Picard: Ah wonderful, thank you Admiral. Would you care to hang out in a social area and talk about earring options and pet shuttlecrafts when I'm back at Starbase 1 in a few minutes.

Admiral: That would be splendid, but I'm afraid I have to meet with my Furries group then, how about after you defeat the giant crystalline entity?

Picard: Ah, that's no good for me, I have to go craft some uncommon Lt. Level Phasers so that I can get that silly woman to let me talk to some other whacky guy.

Admiral: That's too bad. Well I'll mail you that Engineering Console in a few minutes.

Picard: Sweet! cyal8rs

Picard: Mister Crusher, blow all of them up really quick, the rest of the bridge crew is going to join me in my ready room for a quickie.

Wesley: Yeees, siir!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkandy View Post
truth above.

It's these whiners that ruin any challenge for those of us who aren't panty wastes. I remember when that happened in CO, all the fragile babies who's egos can't handle not completely dominating a game threw fits because the game was actually challenging and took thought.

It's all these kids (maturity not actual age) who are so weak willed that they are afraid of ever having the chance at losing at a game so they refuse to play anything they might not win. Even though the definition of a game is something with an element of risk or a chance of failure.
Do you really think simply giving enemy ships more hp or doing more dmg really is a challenge? I think it is pretty apparent to me that most of the people who complain about it being too easy are just kids who have too much time on their hands and play the game 24/7. For me, the ships could have a ton more hps and weapons and would still be easy for me. All it adds to is the time sink. I rather see some more content, instead of wasting all my time killing one single ship. With my limited play time schedule, I don't want to waste it bogged down with killing things slowly.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
I played in Closed beta and I thought it was more frustrating than fun. I like it how it is so don't assume you speak for anyone but yourself.
It was frustrating because people were dying on the alpha strike, which in turn caused their Fleet Action rankings to go down, which limited their loot in some cases. And that's it. There's no other reason.

Those same people are typically the ones not skilled properly to initiate a tank, didnt clear stragglers from enemy fleets, didnt pop pots, didnt comm. with their team, etc. I personally, never had an issue with an alpha and if I did it was ALWAYS my fault and I sure as heck never felt the desire to complain about it - quite the contrary.... I enjoyed being blown to smithereens for my stupidity.

Game needs rebalance... point blank. Dont pretend it doesnt.

My main point though was not that the upper tiers are faulty, it's mainly Tier 1. Like I said, these games have curves that have to be maintained or everything's out of wack. Right now it's out of wack. Tier 1 is quite literally farm status, meaning everything thereafter is that much easier even if the difficulty is correct.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 02:46 PM
The game has no challenge, at least levels 1-11.

I am hoping that the difficulty really is better as the Devs say, after level 11.