Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
Worf: Captain, the enemy has us out numbered and out gunned.

Picard: Open an emergency channel to Starfleet Command.

Admiral: Hello Captain, how's the flute lessons going?

Picard: Umm, good Admiral. Thank you for asking. We have a squadron of Romulans surrounding us and we are clearly not going to be able to hold this position.

Admiral: Ah... well... no worries, let me just contact our Continuum Ambassador and lower the difficulty of the universe by two-thirds.

Picard: Ah wonderful, thank you Admiral. Would you care to hang out in a social area and talk about earring options and pet shuttlecrafts when I'm back at Starbase 1 in a few minutes.

Admiral: That would be splendid, but I'm afraid I have to meet with my Furries group then, how about after you defeat the giant crystalline entity?

Picard: Ah, that's no good for me, I have to go craft some uncommon Lt. Level Phasers so that I can get that silly woman to let me talk to some other whacky guy.

Admiral: That's too bad. Well I'll mail you that Engineering Console in a few minutes.

Picard: Sweet! cyal8rs

Picard: Mister Crusher, blow all of them up really quick, the rest of the bridge crew is going to join me in my ready room for a quickie.

Wesley: Yeees, siir!
nailed it!
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
There is no way to have a consensus about difficulty settings. The only way to please almost everyone is to give different difficulty settings, as in Champions Online and in COX.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
If Cryptic has learned anything from recent experiences, it's that you can't make everyone in the gaming community happy. It 's also difficult to tell using the forums alone how many players are truly dissatisfied with the current state of the game. There 's a better than average chance that the players who are perfectly happy with the game aren't wasting time defending the game in complaint threads, but actually in game having fun.

Luckily, developers have advantages that we don't, such as unemotional and unbiased data logs that tell the true story of things from a statistical standpoint. This will help them shape the type of game that they envision. What that data can never tell them, however, is whether the game is still FUN for the majority of players or not. Developers have the unenviable task of weighing the data against player feedback to try to strike a balance between their vision and player satisfaction.

It will be interesting to see which direction Cryptic takes the game from here.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Like I said in another thread, Cryptic ONLY caters for the carebears. Sad but true.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Well tonite I grouped with some higher level folks and a few dropped the mission, so it was spawned for more than what we had. Not only that, these were multiple +3 lvl battleships and I got out w/o a scratch. Not even a beaten shield on full power to weapons.

This fighting LC5 ships at LC2 with common gear.

Another instance in a DSE... I spawned in practically alone in a SWARM of +1 BS's, BoPs and Fighters.... on full-power to weapons no less (which I then changed to shields). I got away unscathed w/o even popping a pot, turned around when a few more people spawned in, and owned the place.

Now, if anyone in this thread thinks that's cool well... uhhh, I dunno what to tell ya' besides you're spectacularly wrong.