Captain
Orith ground map, the map from Alpha mission, just had his boundaries changed. Currently, the highest altitude we can use to add a component is 100.174m. Which is simply too low (understatement of the year), since the trees themselves are as high as 300m, and the mountains are about 150m tall.
Also, the X and Z boundaries are now smaller, and many components that were on the edge of the map, are now red and outside the boundaries.

Currently, I have 1658 tasks uncompleted, and they are all a "component is outside of playable bounds".

2 pictures that will show you the new boundaries, and what used to be inside the map.
http://imgur.com/a/IyHBr
Everything you see is out of bounds, and I have another map with the same problem.

Before S9, the boundary of this map was around 400-500m, which was already lower than for most maps. 100m is simply not enough.
Loading the map works, but everything is down to 100.174m, and I spawn inside a component.

I've spent more than 100h on this mission, and if this is not solved, I will simply stop using the foundry. I don't see any point in making mission a random patch will break forever, for no reasons.

Can you revert what was done to what it was before S9 ?

Last edited by erei1; 06-08-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Rihannsu
# 2
06-08-2014, 10:57 AM
last time I was in the alpha mission, I hit my head on the ceiling.... yeah... the mission has a stupidly low ceiling too!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3
06-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
last time I was in the alpha mission, I hit my head on the ceiling.... yeah... the mission has a stupidly low ceiling too!
This mission used to have a low ceiling, but since S9, it's even lower, down to 100m. And it broke my mission.

Rihannsu
# 4
06-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Is the foundry version so low it's below the treetops?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 5
06-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Is the foundry version so low it's below the treetops?
Yes. It used to be below the treetop in the past, but not by much. It was not that hard to hide the few of them that were slightly above.
But now, it's much lower than the treetop AND the mountains.

I don't understand why they "nerfed" the ceiling of this map, it was unneeded, and serve no purpose.

Rihannsu
# 6
06-08-2014, 05:33 PM
I think it's an error. I just went and looked to see how high the glass ceiling is and I was able to have my character stand at a height of 559 feet, or around 172 meters. BUT that's the level of the GROUND... then you have trees, and what not towering into the sky... and well.... the map actually has peaks that go above 172m.

This makes the Y value limitation even more confusing since it will not go above 100.172m, or around 325 feet. this is a little more than half the maximum height on the map.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 7
06-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Yes. It used to be below the treetop in the past, but not by much. It was not that hard to hide the few of them that were slightly above.
But now, it's much lower than the treetop AND the mountains.

I don't understand why they "nerfed" the ceiling of this map, it was unneeded, and serve no purpose.
Probably a sister problem to the one that had the Ice Caves map broken for months.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
06-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Definitely worth reporting as it seems like an unintentional change.

@greendragoon
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
06-09-2014, 09:39 AM
As far as I know, there's not been any intentional changes to this map. I'll get it written up.
Captain
# 10
06-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
As far as I know, there's not been any intentional changes to this map. I'll get it written up.
Thank you !