Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
02-01-2010, 01:13 PM
If you play 4 hours a day, every other day(which is crazy low for an MMO), it's .25 cents an hour...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
02-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_LoD View Post
You are not playing with thousands at the same time. You are playing with 20 at the same time. Each instance is made up for a very very small number of people. Learn how the crap works. Having the potential to play with 10,000 people is not massive at all, playing with 10,000 other people is massive. I dont give a crap if you could play with 5 million people. If the most you can play with at any one time is 10 or 20, its small scale.If at any time a FPS from the mid 90's can have 3 to 6 times more people playing together at the same time, your game is not massive. It is simply a multi-player online game and nothing more.

Again, wishes, hopes and dreams dont make something real otherwise I would have a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow.
I said thousand at one SERVER at one time. Reading comprehension please. Also most of the MMOs i have played 50 to 100 is max a zone can handle. Even open worlds like Fallen Earth crash zone when more then 100 players are at same place.

Once again don't try to pass your own personal definition as facts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
02-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Ok.. i got a nice suggestion for you. Go and play darkfall? do you see us posting on DF forums? nope. Silly isn't it? i will never understand mentality of people like you.
You will understand and thank a person like me someday when you jump onto a game board to research the game and there are people like you hyping up the game and failing to give them the truth and then the guys like me shows up and tell you how it really is.

I dont enjoy wasting money on games when I am blatantly lied to. I feel STO is blatantly lying to its potential customers by saying this game is a MMO when it is not. I think people knowing the game is more like Guild Wars in space will help others make an informed decision. I HATED Guild Wars, it was effing pointless and mindless and therefore I quit early on. Had someone told me before I purchased it how BS the game was, instead of lying to me on the forums, I would never have played it at all.

I hope that helps you understand a little better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
02-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_LoD View Post
I can go into the same area as the other players in Darkfall and communicate and play with them at any time.. can you do that in STO? Nope.
Yeah, but as you pointed out yourself:

That is not part of the definition of massive!

Seriously, you said it yourself!!

That's something you would like to have, but it's not a defining part of "massive".

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_LoD View Post
You are not playing with thousands at the same time.
Yes you are! There are tens of thousands of players on the server at the same time RIGHT NOW! There's a MASSIVE amount of players playing STO at the same server, RIGHT NOW! Seriously, it's massive!!

You being able to look every one of them on the nose at the same time is, still, no defining part of "massive"

You can argue all you want: You're wrong! That's a fact.

You would like to have thousands of people in the same instance at the same point at the same time. That's your opinion.

But it's no defining part of "massive". That's a fact.

See, how it works?

Love your attitude though. Hang in there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
02-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
What?!?! You mean when someone provides a service, that you have to pay them!?!?! OMG!!
Your right! The nerve!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
02-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_LoD View Post
You will understand and thank a person like me someday when you jump onto a game board to research the game and there are people like you hyping up the game and failing to give them the truth and then the guys like me shows up and tell you how it really is.

I dont enjoy wasting money on games when I am blatantly lied to. I feel STO is blatantly lying to its potential customers by saying this game is a MMO when it is not. I think people knowing the game is more like Guild Wars in space will help others make an informed decision. I HATED Guild Wars, it was effing pointless and mindless and therefore I quit early on. Had someone told me before I purchased it how BS the game was, instead of lying to me on the forums, I would never have played it at all.

I hope that helps you understand a little better.
Nope i already understand because its not my first rodeo. I have a sub running for EVE ONLINE and i have played Fallen Earth for 2 months both are open world MMO's. I play games to have fun. Some of us just need a a game to kick back and relax. Doesn't matter instanced or open world MMO, you get what you expect out of it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
02-01-2010, 01:20 PM
lol what i was saying all along:

nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to pay for this game. If you find it unreasonable buy another game. I can't buy a mango for less than 3 dollars, but if I really want it I'll pay even if it's 3 dollars for one, if I didn't want it I would go buy a grapefruit instead. Get it???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
02-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Get a job, ya bums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Nope i already understand because its not my first rodeo. I have a sub running for EVE ONLINE and i have played Fallen Earth for 2 months both are open world MMO's. I play games to have fun. Some of us just need a a game to kick back and relax. Doesn't matter instanced or open world MMO, you get what you expect out of it.
As long as you are getting what you expected, then more power to you my friend.

I am making sure that those people get all the facts so they dont get what they didnt expect. As much as I love Darkfall, I will tell people that it isnt the game for them in a heart beat. Most of the people here could not handle it. They are better off playing Hello Kitty Online then ever stepping foot in the worlds of Eve or Darkfall.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_LoD View Post
The game is Multi-Player and it is online but in no way, shape or form is 5v5 or 10v10 combat massive. I was doing gaming with 49 other people in the early to mid 90's. Freaking FPS's have had more poeple online fighting each other at the same time and they are not MMO's.
Well, there's your problem. An MMO isn't defined by its combat mechanic.

MMO is defined by the overall connectivity of a massive number of people into a persistent, central (or several central) location with the capacity to interact with each other. That this is a role-playing game slaps the "RPG" on the end of it.

Really... a lot of things qualify as an MMO. (also refered to as MMOG)
Fewer qualify as an MMORPG.

You could, in fact, have an MMO/RPG that has absolutely no player-vs-player content, such as Disney's Toontown Online.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 PM.