Lt. Commander
# 1 Amazon.co.uk compromise?
02-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi,

Like so many I got shafted by Amazon.co.uk when they cancelled my pre-order.

This puts me in a weird situation. I now got a lifetime subscription based on a pre-order I will never have and secondly I won't get the Borg BOff, which is why I got the lifetime subscription for so I could get a pair of reclaimed Borg on my ship.

Since all the cancelled orders are not charged, perhaps we can find an alternative that works for everybody.

If Cryptic (or Atari) could organize a digital download for those of us with an Amazon.co.uk pre-order key and charge us XX euro/dollars for it.
This special "Amazon" digital DL would include the Borg BOff but would only be available for the amazon cancelled accounts.

I don't mind paying Cryptic (or Atari or whoever). I just get the feeling there are quite a lot of people that got dropped by Amazon UK and we're looking for an accceptable solution to our problem.

N.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:26 AM
They should just do it regardless of whether you've ordered from amazon or not, it's more money for them. Not to mention the extra workload it would give them having to verify that each and every person purchased from them.

Luckily the only message i have on my account is that it's been delays until possibly the 10th.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:30 AM
The problem is that Namco is the EU publisher and it seems that they have been unaware of people buying multiple copies etc and have completely underestimated demand.

Given that the publisher wants big box sales I am amazed that this has happened.

If my order gets canned I will be going to direct 2 drive and Namco will lose another box sale as I won't wait for them to get more into the UK.