Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
Seriously? A ten minute cooldown on all rep powers - and it's shared? This is absolutely ridiculous. Why in the world would you put something like Refracting Tachyon Cascade on a ten minute shared cooldown - all it's useful for in the first place is opening a Tholian web.

Fine, Defiance and Nanite Health Monitor might be a little overpowered together, but that's why you give the second one a two minute cooldown, not a full ten minute recharge. Most maps don't even LAST ten minutes for Pete's sake.
Rihannsu
# 2
01-11-2014, 02:22 AM
I think it makes sense. That way, they are closing the gap between a "full T5 in all reps" character and one who is just fresh level 50.
Captain
# 3
01-11-2014, 02:44 AM
To be fair though, while you still have a little more versatility, as an experienced character, who's done multiple reps to T5, you kind of take away a good half the value, of doing it over all, than a "new" L50, or one that hasn't bothered to get more than one.
Personally, I think it's a mistake, having all these "shared cooldowns". While some make sense, others do not. And just like sci/eng/tac team sharing cooldowns, I think one makes little sense as well.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Captain
# 4
01-11-2014, 04:00 AM
Stupid decision by Cryptic... not their first one and most definitely not the last one either.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I think it makes sense. That way, they are closing the gap between a "full T5 in all reps" character and one who is just fresh level 50.
So by your logic 'Full T5 characters' shouldn't have the benefits of set gear - nor the bonuses it provides - because their hard work to earn these skills/items/powers makes it unfair... Sorry, that one just doesn't fly with me.

If the powers being used in tandem is the problem, give them a two minute global cooldown. A full ten minute global cooldown on every power is an insult. It's basically telling everyone who earned the powers that they wasted their time.
Captain
# 6
01-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer5488 View Post
Seriously? A ten minute cooldown on all rep powers - and it's shared?
The shared cooldown is 10 minutes? That is concerning. Defiance had a 5 minute cooldown and Refracting Tetryon Cascade had a 3 minute cooldown. A 10 minute cooldown effectively makes both of these abilities nearly worthless.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-11-2014, 10:40 AM
This is way to long it should be 2mins, 10 mins is way way to long wot im going to do from now on is just grind to tier 4 theres no point in grinding to tier 5 any more guess ill go back to star wars for a bi seen as in way past tier 4 on all 5 chars. U guys love super nerfs i am shocked u let us know before hand it would be more like u to try n slip it in as a sly nerf.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK

Last edited by wilbor2; 01-11-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Captain
# 8
01-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Yeah 2 mins seems more acceptable, no shared cd would be ideal.
Career Officer
# 9
01-13-2014, 09:33 AM
I would say 2-3 minutes is acceptable. 10 minutes is just a joke.

Most of us finish almost all events in under 10 minutes turning these into 'oh crap' buttons instead of real abilities.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Captain
# 10
01-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Like I've mentioned in other threads, I have no idea why the heck the devs came up with this idea when they cooked it up. The tier 5 bonuses are pretty junky to start with. With so many other things that are OP and needing adjustments in the game, why are they picking at the ones that already have the worst cooldowns and limited effectiveness.
Closed Thread