Empire Veteran
# 1 Happy Easter!
04-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Happy Easter to all and have a blessed day!
http://www.mylionking.com/fan/art/Ar...EasterLion.png

http://www.investorvillage.com/uploa.../HeIsRisen.jpg
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 2
04-05-2015, 08:14 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Bluegeek
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP

Last edited by bluegeek; 04-05-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Captain
# 3
04-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Happy Easter all, hope you all have a great time in your endeavours.

SUPPORT THE FOUNDRY, YOUR GATEWAY TO NEW REGULAR CONTENT.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2015, 08:44 AM
What do rabbits have to do with Easter? The eggs are to apparently represent rebirth, or the boulder that was to block Jesus' tomb.
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailmere View Post
What do rabbits have to do with Easter? The eggs are to apparently represent rebirth, or the boulder that was to block Jesus' tomb.
Probably the same thing that red Santa Clause has to Christmas, a result of secularization of Holidays. Although Clause was based on the real life St. Nicholas who helped spread Christianity in the past. Not sure where the bunny came from.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Maybe something to do with Spring, I think Saint Nicholas died on Christmas day. So Christmas is celebrating the death of two saints, while Easter is celebrating the return of one of those saints.

Last edited by ailmere; 04-05-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Captain
# 7
04-05-2015, 08:53 AM
The rabbit is actually a hare that was used as a pagan symbol for fertility and renewal as around spring time is when they started fighting for dominance and shall we say "bragging rights"!

When Christianity came to Europe a lot of pagan practicies were used in Christian rituals as a way to convert people to the religion, and over time those symbols have been twisted and changed for various purposes.

SUPPORT THE FOUNDRY, YOUR GATEWAY TO NEW REGULAR CONTENT.
Career Officer
# 8
04-05-2015, 10:08 AM
dont really follow anything religious like, holiday or not. however i have eaten a pile of chocolate today so now i feel good to have that in my system and in a few hours i will be bouncing off the walls
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Super Moderator
# 9
04-05-2015, 10:11 AM
Captains,

As much as I am a fan of Easter myself, I need to remind you all of the forum rules in this case.

This is found under the definition of Spamming:

Quote:
Posting of off-topic comments, including but not limited to comments or discussions of a religious, or political nature.
As this forum is not intended as a religious discussion forum, any attempt to discuss religion here must be considered off-topic. The forums are neither anti-religion nor pro-religion; it's off-topic.

Wishing each other a happy Easter is not necessarily a problem as it is not necessarily a religious discussion. It's a greeting. If we can stick to that, fine. Otherwise, I'll have to close threads for spamming. This particular thread has already crossed the line and is likely to escalate so I am closing it.

If a particular post is found to be offensive, please report it to one of the Mods and we will deal with it. This includes further religious discussion. Trolling any thread for the express purpose of trying to get it closed will be viewed in an extremely dim light.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread