Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41 Trill
04-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm looking for a good name for my un/joined female Trill BO.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-18-2010, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KujothetwitchingLlama
I'm looking for a good name for my un/joined female Trill BO.
Female first names:
Medza
Rota
Lamria
Kili

Family names:
Dell
Feprin
Tres
Saka

Symbiont names (replace the family name for joined Trill):
Cor
Pen
Druhr
Jod
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-18-2010, 05:15 AM
I'm working on a crew of 'suspicious business partners' for my Yridian. What I'm looking for are names for barely seen background species like Lissepians.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-19-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
I'm working on a crew of 'suspicious business partners' for my Yridian. What I'm looking for are names for barely seen background species like Lissepians.
Meet Ornene and Yazskon, Tholian arms dealers,
Aandegar, your Nausicaan informant among the Qo'noS underworld, and
Ephudaxa, exiled Ferengi businesswoman and loan shark.

I don't have name generators for very obscure species as there's not enough name material to go on.

Edit: I just re-read your post and noticed that you want to build a crew. Do you mean bridge officers? Because then I'd obviously have to think of new names for the available species. Is this going to be a Federation crew?

Another edit: I just read your signature which clears up most of what I wanted to know. Stand by for more feasible crew member names...
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Oh, my Yridian is a Fed character. He's the humble informer of my Ferengi main. I really wanted a Lissepian BO, but meh, the parts in the alien creator don't look right. So I have a Boslic now, a Rigelian and some random aliens. My fave looks like the unnamed aliens that robbed the bank with Morn and tried to get the latinum from Quark later. I tried to make a Dopterian, too, but it didn't work. :-/

On KDF side, I have much less trouble finding names. Besides working on a fan project about Nausicaan culture... My Lethean is a mad scientist, and I'm renaming all his BOs to "Experiment [number]" now. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Oh, my Yridian is a Fed character. He's the humble informer of my Ferengi main. I really wanted a Lissepian BO, but meh, the parts in the alien creator don't look right. So I have a Boslic now, a Rigelian and some random aliens. My fave looks like the unnamed aliens that robbed the bank with Morn and tried to get the latinum from Quark later. I tried to make a Dopterian, too, but it didn't work. :-/
Sorry, I don't have names for any of these. I could generate Nausicaan names, but I like your test subject idea.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-21-2010, 06:12 AM
so i'm writing a star trek book, well more like a novel actually. basically in STO's timeline and i was wondering if i could use your alien names. been having difficulties thinking of good alien names. and just buying new bo's in sto got old very quickly.

RGDS
ares93
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares93 View Post
so i'm writing a star trek book, well more like a novel actually. basically in STO's timeline and i was wondering if i could use your alien names. been having difficulties thinking of good alien names. and just buying new bo's in sto got old very quickly.

RGDS
ares93
Sure, what exactly do you need?
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Nausicaan names are the one thing I have no trouble with.

In my fanon project, I'm even working on Nausicaan language, grammar and slang words. Strange how things/names come so easily for them, there were no named Nausicaans in canon, and that goes for most of my 'suspicious background species' too.

Hm, would you maybe be able to come up with a name for the species?
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nahsk
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Krit

I really like my BO of this species and would like him to have a biography. His name is Shon and he has no last name.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthok View Post
Sure, what exactly do you need?
well practically everything. its based on the federation so mostly federation species are needed, that includes bajorans btw. but i havent figured out the entire story yet so other names are appreciated as well

RGDS

EDIT: s8472 is involved btw