Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I'll make an attempt to show up, but it'll be hit-or-miss, seeing as I have a city council meeting to cover that night (it might be over by 8 CST; then again, it might not). Either way, I'll be sure to join the RP channel when I get on later tonight!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2010, 03:27 PM
hope they have refreshment like some romolulum ale will be there unless stuck in a mission half away across the galaxy
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal_Valor View Post
A few things here. This event sounds great, but Starbase 1, ala Earth Space Dock is just ASKING for trouble.

While I applaud the efforts at having a channel to join for coordinating efforts, having an OOC channel for RP seems a bit silly to me. At the risk of sounding like a snob (I'm really not!), as a role player that's just not something I'd want to really be apart of.

There is also a channel already that alot of RP'ers are using called roleplayers if you'd like to join in. I doubt anyone would mind people using it to coordinate.

Also alot of people have been using Quark's Bar in Deep Space 9 as a meeting place.

It's not hard to get to at all. You fly to the bottom of the Sirius sector map and I think zone over maybe once and then just select DS9 from your system list and fly there.

Quark's Bar is also pretty big and has ALOT of room with three floors in it. Not to mention it's pretty iconic for Star Trek.

1. i didnt create the STORP channel. I just mentioned it is there to help coordinate RP. Why someone wouldnt want to be a part of that...ok, thats your prerogative. IM not saying you have to join it. All im saying is its one of the venues ill be using
2. As i said before, i want to make this event as friendly to NEW PLAYERS as much as possible. If people are comfortable moving it to another location as the event goes on, that is fine.

Guys, rather than getting super nitpicky about locations and everything, lets just work on getting a good RP community growing. I really dont want this thread to turn into people complaining about little things here and there. I know everyone wont be happy with everything, but its better than nothing.

Lets try to be flexible, please.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrixx View Post
1. i didnt create the STORP channel. I just mentioned it is there to help coordinate RP. Why someone wouldnt want to be a part of that...ok, thats your prerogative. IM not saying you have to join it. All im saying is its one of the venues ill be using
2. As i said before, i want to make this event as friendly to NEW PLAYERS as much as possible. If people are comfortable moving it to another location as the event goes on, that is fine.

Guys, rather than getting super nitpicky about locations and everything, lets just work on getting a good RP community growing. I really dont want this thread to turn into people complaining about little things here and there. I know everyone wont be happy with everything, but its better than nothing.

Lets try to be flexible, please.

ts not about being nit pickey... that base is noobville.. Its filled with spam.. outside the fact that the zones have limits.. it will be really hard to get 20-30 people onto the same instance because of constant overflow..

if the point is to get people in the same location to RP.. wouldnt it be best to use a place that is more condusive the the situation, vrs everyone and there brother that could care less about RP?..

Its hard enough to go there and meet up with 5 freinds on the same team... I cant imagine how hard it would be to get 20-30 people not grouped into the same instance..
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Alright, it seems the concensus is to move it off SB1.

Ill change the location to DS9 - Quarks Bar for the time being.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Well post it here/in STORP when we get closer to the event.

Dont want to plan for one that might already be full.
Just ask myself, if SB001 can accommodate so much Officers at the same time....

OOC: server crash, here we come
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Will try be there , looking forward to it fellow captains!
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-02-2010, 08:28 AM
I'll see about being there as well. I have no clue if I'll actually be able to make it, but I'll do my best.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Who: All new and existing Starfleet Officers

Where: QUARKS BAR - DEEP SPACE NINE - NOTICE VENUE CHANGE!

When: 2/4/1010 - 6:00 PM PST - ??

Why: Starfleet is organizing a meet and greet to network with fellow new ship commanders and officers. As some crews have been serving in deep space or are preparing to do so, Starfleet Command is working to improve morale and help new commanders get to know other officers.

Dress: Dress uniforms not required.

Important info: This event is completely In Character. Please keep OOC messages to teams or private messages. I think it would be good for RPers who are interested in meeting up and getting to know each other. Feel free to make parties and talk within them, but be respectful of all RPers.

Feel free to post here with questions or to RSVP, or hit me up in game (asros@mavrixx). We will figure out instance numbers when we get closer to the event.
You have 8pm on the title and 6pm in the post. Which one is it?

Although... being in Europe it will be in the middle of the night for me... Khaaaan! I would have loved to be there.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xariann View Post
You have 8pm on the title and 6pm in the post. Which one is it?

Although... being in Europe it will be in the middle of the night for me... Khaaaan! I would have loved to be there.
They're actually both right, just in different time zones. PST stands for Pacific Standard Time, while CST stands for Central Standard Time. CST is Two Hours ahead of PST, so 8:00 PM CST is the same as 6:00 PM PST.

I hope that explains Time Zones for you