Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
02-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Great news! See you there!
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Sounds like a good time.I'll be there and thanks to the OP for organizing this.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure Epsilon Fleet, or at least a few members, will be trying to attend.

A word of warning. We tried to organize a small Fleet gathering in the Lounge at SB 01 back in beta. It's kind of a logistical nightmare. First you need to form a team to try and get folks into the same instance together. If that doesn't work you need to "Change Instances" to the one everyone is in (if they know themselves). On top of that the instance cap for the whole of SB 01, including the Lounge, is 50 players. 50 players who are mostly not involved in whatever you're doing there but are helping to max out the cap all the same.

Lastly, and this was the kicker, the instance number will change by itself! We started off in Instance 9 and ended up in Instance 54 or something without anyone ever leaving the place. So we were telling folks to meet us in one Instance, Instance 9, and and were then being told it didn't exist or was full!

And this was a small group of about six to ten that trickled in over the course of an evening. A larger gathering is probably logistically impossible. That's why I had been going on about the need for mirrored static instances, with discrete pop caps, for the Lounge in General Discussion before.

I'd say still try it and see what happens. Either it works out better for this gathering than it did for us or all the more people demanding our version of a Pocket D for centralized RP get togethers.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the tip. First time will always be rocky, but im sure we can all work it out!
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Bravo! great idea. I'll try and be there, depending on my work for the day. You may want to warn the new accounts about taking their <L6's to DS9. I flew there at the end of closed beta and got clobbered by the wandering patrols. Thing's may've changed since open, but if not, it could be a rough trip!
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-03-2010, 08:26 PM
if it's at quark's then i'll be there!
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
noob at this so the point of doing this is to play/chat in character right?

also when will the offical chat channel be annoucned? is that where we will all coordinate from this chat channel?
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrixx View Post
Who: All new and existing Starfleet Officers

Where: QUARKS BAR - DEEP SPACE NINE - NOTICE VENUE CHANGE!

When: 2/4/1010 - 8:00 PM CST - ??

Why: Starfleet is organizing a meet and greet to network with fellow new ship commanders and officers. As some crews have been serving in deep space or are preparing to do so, Starfleet Command is working to improve morale and help new commanders get to know other officers.

Dress: Dress uniforms not required.

Important info: This event is completely In Character. Please keep OOC messages to teams or private messages. I think it would be good for RPers who are interested in meeting up and getting to know each other. Feel free to make parties and talk within them, but be respectful of all RPers.

Feel free to post here with questions or to RSVP, or hit me up in game (asros@mavrixx). We will figure out instance numbers when we get closer to the event.
I will give a shout out on my News blog to help get the word out.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Looks like we will have some good attendance!

channel for tonights gathering will be 10FWD. I will get home around 5 CST to answer any questions, but feel free to join the channel all day and prep for what should be a fun night!
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-04-2010, 07:52 AM
I'll try to make.Have not been to Quark's yet.