Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Already turned it off on my machine too.

There are some that have genuine concern questions or comments, but most of it is flaming smack talk ,and insults.
Noobs/nubs this, QQ that. #$$% #$@ Cryptic.
It's really disheartening to see the mindset of some of the people that are in game with me. I'd rather go through the game alone than be paired with some of these people, and I use the term people loosely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The velour fog
Already turned it off on my machine too.

There are some that have genuine concern questions or comments, but most of it is flaming smack talk ,and insults.
Noobs/nubs this, QQ that. #$$% #$@ Cryptic.
It's really disheartening to see the mindset of some of the people that are in game with me. I'd rather go through the game alone than be paired with some of these people, and I use the term people loosely.
"I use the term people loosely"...

So, if I understand this correctly, flaming & insults in game are bad, but flaming/insults on a message board are ok?

Also, you seem like you found a decent solution. If you don't like zone chat, just turn it off. I'm puzzled by people who just want infinite ignore lists instead of doing just that. Ignoring people in-game doesn't really work anyway, as people reply to them and you've only end up with confusing half-conversations in the end.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
"I use the term people loosely"...

So, if I understand this correctly, flaming & insults in game are bad, but flaming/insults on a message board are ok?
Point taken. Although it was directed at no one person.
I can't expect anymore from them than I can myself I suppose.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
really.... you have personal issues
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
"I use the term people loosely"...

So, if I understand this correctly, flaming & insults in game are bad, but flaming/insults on a message board are ok?

Also, you seem like you found a decent solution. If you don't like zone chat, just turn it off. I'm puzzled by people who just want infinite ignore lists instead of doing just that. Ignoring people in-game doesn't really work anyway, as people reply to them and you've only end up with confusing half-conversations in the end.
I am so un-used to using ignore, that didn't even occur to me. Ok, I won't start now! I do like having the window up, though - in the midst of the nonsense are the gamers I look to join in an MMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-01-2010, 12:21 PM
you ignore everyone who says something that offends you? why have the chat window open at all? oh wait, you probably didn't catch that second part. lemme switch to my alt real quick so i can whisper it to you. do you seriously sit there clicking ignore all day on people? go play the freaking game already.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Heh, I'm finding it rather obvious and somewhat amusing that some people just can't stand to be ignored. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The velour fog
Heh, I'm finding it rather obvious and somewhat amusing that some people just can't stand to be ignored. :p
If a troll trolls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, did it make a flame?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsumasa1 View Post
you ignore everyone who says something that offends you? why have the chat window open at all? oh wait, you probably didn't catch that second part. lemme switch to my alt real quick so i can whisper it to you. do you seriously sit there clicking ignore all day on people? go play the freaking game already.
the worst is when they feel the need to let everyone in chat know they have ignored someone. IGNORED!!!! like anyone, the ignoree included gives a tribble's ass.

those are usually the only people I ever put on ignore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
If a troll trolls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, did it make a flame?
LOL........heh nice.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 PM.