Lt. Commander
OK, actually I'm hoping that people will test this and reply

I have lost a couple of BO's due to the bug where they don't appear - I definitely had space for them, as I had a slot marked 'no officer' or whatever on my roster on the left hand side.

But, all my consoles were occupied by officers at the time I claimed.

So, this time, I unassigned my previous officer from my engineer console, leaving it empty, claimed my reward engineer, click 'Join', and lo and behold, the cheeky upstart claims his place on the bridge, at the empty console.

Is it really as simple as making sure there is not only space on your crew roster, but vacating the console before claiming the reward?

Please, please - test this and let me know - am I just hopelessly optimistic, or does this work-around work?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I was kind of excited when I got a Ferengi Science officer as a mission reward. Not something you see everyday. Only to have him disappear with this bug. Curious to know if this work around works. (I'm fully up Until i ding LtCmd.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Are you sure it's a bug? They should be on the commisions tab and you claim them from there. They don't show up on your roster list until you do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Lots of bugs in this game, but this is probably there least important. BO cost 100 credits
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krussian
Are you sure it's a bug? They should be on the commisions tab and you claim them from there. They don't show up on your roster list until you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Yes, please! We need as much information as you have in order to find this and deal with it. CS is sending along your in-game bug reports as well, but if you can tell us what mission you completed, what reward you chose, if your inventory was full, even what time this occurred, all of that is helpful information which can help us to track this one down and get it resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Yup, its a bug. Been bugged several times in Closed and Open Beta. There are threads on this in the Troubleshooting Forum. It's NOT attributable to User Error. Some people have been fortunate and have not experienced this bug. A few of us have, unfortunately and it's not only isolated to the BO rewards. Some user have reported item rewards not being awarded after a mission.

One workaround I have found is to claim your reward in an unpopulated/non-laggy area of the game. It would appear that their is some lag involved in the game doling out mission rewards. One other way to resolve it is to click your choice but give it a two second count before clicking the Claim Reward button.

This is all probably a voodoo/stick shaking fix. Your mileage may vary , but for me it's worked for the last two officers I claimed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
But you should be able to get him in the assignment screen and if you do not want him on the crew at least get him to train another officer? No?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilamon View Post
Lots of bugs in this game, but this is probably there least important. BO cost 100 credits
You can't put a price on the cool rare ones. I too had a ferengi BO offered, whose shuttle apparently got shot out of the sky en-route to my ship. I hope Cryptic is tracking these things, so they suddenly appear once it gets sorted out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I think everyone is guessing wildly on this one.

I lost one last night, an andorian male tactical. While alone in a mission, with his console open (as well as 2 total slots). I did have another uncommissioned BO (another andorian like 2 of my existing BO, they seem to be taking over my ship...this one I think science).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
WHat a real kick in the head the first BO i got offered had skills i actually wanted for a change, no retraining or mucking around. then poof look no officer. had another offered today poof. me i am just going to not accept those offers until they fix the issue they can stack up in my coms till we see a patch.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krussian
Yes, that's what the bug is - when you claim the reward, they vanish into the aether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilamon
And yet, when we have been told that rare BO's will have rare skills, or at least high level skills in unusually low slots, you don't seem bothered. I personally wouldn't want to single handedly fight Q (or whatever), get offered a Bridge Officer with the Big Shooty Torpedo III power in an ensign slot, for use on any ship, and then for that BO not arrive as ordered on my ship.