Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbldets
But you should be able to get him in the assignment screen and if you do not want him on the crew at least get him to train another officer? No?
If you didn't get hit by the bug, they yes, your new BO should be in your Assignments Tab waiting for you to add him to your roster or to train one of your officers in a new skill. If you choose to train up, the reward BO will be dismissed after he trains one of your officers.

Unfortunately, some people are not even getting the BO reward. There is no new officer waiting for them in the Assignment Tab.

I can confirm that at one time I did make the error of not clicking the "radio button" on the new officer when I clicked the Claim Reward button. But I know of at least 5 confirmed instances where I did click the "radio button" highlighting my choice of a new officer, click the claim reward button and I did not get the BO.

That is a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeyon
If you didn't get hit by the bug, they yes, your new BO should be in your Assignments Tab waiting for you to add him to your roster or to train one of your officers in a new skill. If you choose to train up, the reward BO will be dismissed after he trains one of your officers.

Unfortunately, some people are not even getting the BO reward. There is no new officer waiting for them in the Assignment Tab.

I can confirm that at one time I did make the error of not clicking the "radio button" on the new officer when I clicked the Claim Reward button. But I know of at least 5 confirmed instances where I did click the "radio button" highlighting my choice of a new officer, click the claim reward button and I did not get the BO.

That is a bug.
Not tried this with the 'unclicked radio button', but surely it should prevent you even continuing if you have not selected a reward!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 12:21 PM
As far as my experience goes, I've found that being at Earth Spacedock, claiming the reward by actually going to the contact in question and clicking on them insures that my new BO will appear under Assignments, whether I have space for them or not. Claiming via remote always ends in failure to appear for me.

YMMV

Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
As far as my experience goes, I've found that being at Earth Spacedock, claiming the reward by actually going to the contact in question and clicking on them insures that my new BO will appear under Assignments, whether I have space for them or not. Claiming via remote always ends in failure to sppear for me.

YMMV

I am intrigued, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter....

Right, can anybody test this for us?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
So far I have lost 4 out of 5 of my "green" quality BOs rewards so far. I'll give this a try on the next one, thanks.

Oh - and no not a one went to the Asignments tab. Folks who jump to that conclusion (GMs included) are further frustrating those who experience this loss (especially sad when your first response from a GM after a days wait on a ticket is "did you check the assign,ments tab" - when you had clearly explained in the original complaint that you had checked there) .

These higher quality BOs are inportant (The green and Blue quality ones). Tthey are not just the same as the standard 100 merit ones. They offer suyperior skills that can not be replicated by purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilamon View Post
Lots of bugs in this game, but this is probably there least important. BO cost 100 credits
Someone hasn't figured out that the ones you buy are "common" and not "rare" like the rewards you can get. This is no different than other items which I would hope you have noticed have common and rare varieties. The whole point of doing a lot of the game is to get rare versions of weapons, kits, etc. and yes BOffs too. Also, where are all the other bugs? This is the only one I've had so far in head start.

I've lost two so far and have gotten others. The thing I've noticed is that the log tracks that you've "gotten" them and tracks what you do with BOffs you have. So, I figure Cryptic can go back through the logs and correct this and give us our missing BOffs as part of the fix that makes it stops happening. Even then, I doubt they'll be the same since I doubt all that info was stored. The other question is whether can = will.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
The other slight bug I noticed is that the name of the BO sometimes changes between viewing it in the reward window and claiming from assignment tab.

The name is not major, but if the skills and traits start changing as well...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Also, where are all the other bugs? This is the only one I've had so far in head start.
Well, there's also the bug with the scanner, where it doesn't have any sound in system space. And the one where the shuttle disappears from your inventory or is not selectable from the CStore.

Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talec View Post
The other slight bug I noticed is that the name of the BO sometimes changes between viewing it in the reward window and claiming from assignment tab.

The name is not major, but if the skills and traits start changing as well...
I noticed that too. Haven't seen any skills change though.
But then I renamed all of my BOffs and customized their skills to some extent. Some of them start out with such useless abilities, IMO.

Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 12:44 PM
personelly i lost 1 bo, who was a reward for a quest, but what concerns me more is that me and my friend have acceptet some bo's with skills we liked, and when they joined the rooster, the did'nt have the skills offered.

for example: i choosed a Tac BO with Torp Spread, and got one with Torp Yield.

but i bet, this is the old story of bugged tooltip, witch presist since closed beta ...