Lt. Commander
I have to admit, I can forgive launch issues, but not being able to play with my friends is going to get old quick.

I'm in a team with my friends, but yet we're scattered all over the place in different instances. We spend 10 minutes trying to find each other in the correct sector space instance. Then once we're together, we end up flying into say.. an enemy reading instance... only to discover we are AGAIN scattered across multiple instances. OH.. and there we cannot always swap to re-join each other.

What gives?

Sure, I *occasionally* get the little notice to join my friend in 'zeta epsilon whatever', but they seem inconsistent, and Why did we get split up in the first place?

What gives Cryptic? Any explanation as to why teams don't stay together?

Are there plans to keep teams locked in the same instances together?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 11:18 AM
I'd imagine thats a bug. Teams end up in the same instance pretty well in CO, and it's pretty much the same system in use.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 11:20 AM
BTW.. Just to show I'm not some jerk. We're having lots of fun when we ARE together. And my solo play has been plenty of fun. I just want to express frustration and maybe get some answers about the team issues we're having in this MULTI-player game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:21 AM
There might be a quirk with Deep Space Encounters that seem to have a population limit of 5 per instance. A preformed team would need an instance of their own, and maybe those aren't being created right now. So instead you guys are split across existing instances that have openings.

But yeah.. I don't think this is intended behavior.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:21 AM
So are you saying that we should expect to always be stuck together as a team. I.E. every sector space ... and every time one of us enters a zone, we should be prompted to join them ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah me and the people I play with were having a hell of a time all getting into the same instances. Especially the combat ones you run into in sector space. Also, exploring missions like in the Delta Valundis )sp?) sector we were having a hard time all ending up in the right place. Every now and then we'd have problems on normal missions but usually that was because of one of us crashing due to the problems over the weekend or what not.

Definitely hoping it gets ironed out soon though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 11:22 AM
OK. I appreciate the response, and I'm very glad to learn that this is not intended behavior. Bugs I can forgive, but some crazy oversight like that I would be hard pressed to.

TY all, we'll keep our eyes open and hope for some improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
I tried to do the Delta Voranus exploration mission with my one friend that plays STO, and here's what happened when we grouped up:

1. Unable to zone into the same anamoly, and

2. Constantly having to change instances of the DV cluster because we weren't in the same instance, and

3. Unable to invite friend or group mate to your bridge.

Lame, lame, lame.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Ditto to the same kinds of things that Keypek was reporting. Exploration instances split us... sector space split us.. and those enemy engagements.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 11:28 AM
This has been around since beta and I bugged it then. After one of the patches, it seemed to do better about putting teammates and friends in the same instance but it still wasn't perfect. If you are noticing it happening a lot - and it sounds like you are - go ahead and bug it.

I have to agree with the OP; being split up in different instances with friends is really annoying. Personally, I don't care about their instancing rules and whatnot but they must do better about making sure that friends can stay together.

Oh and Vols, I could never invite friends to my bridge during beta. I bugged it then. I guess this hasn't been resolved then?