Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otakuon View Post
I do feel that for the most part, the Combat is very easy. There are a couple of instances where you are fighting unique NPCs and they can be a little challenging, but still nothing that is just frustratingly hard. I really don't know how this can be fixed. An MMO has to be accesible, which means that even casual players need to be catered too. Perhaps they could introduce some sort of difficulty slider that would scale the game, at least for people who are in an instance by themsevles. It gets a little more tricky when you are teamed up with multiple people. I mean, what is easy for us can be very difficult for someone else. I dunno...I do know that my away team seems to be a bunch of super soldiers...and that I can't complain too much that they actually are effective, using their powers and shooting at the enemy and what not.
how can you class something as hard for someone else when what i was doing did not contribute to the success of the mission? I'm using the BO you start with and doing nothing but letter the BO's fight themselves, so this would be the same amount of easy for anyone as its basically autopilot, hell this brought autofire back i could even contribute doing nothing...

the mission with the udine was even more of a joke, when hitting me it did less damage then the swordmaster...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedManMark
how can you class something as hard for someone else when what i was doing did not contribute to the success of the mission? I'm using the BO you start with and doing nothing but letter the BO's fight themselves, so this would be the same amount of easy for anyone as its basically autopilot, hell this brought autofire back i could even contribute doing nothing...

the mission with the udine was even more of a joke, when hitting me it did less damage then the swordmaster...
Yes, I can see that...but there are still quite a few people out there who feel that Combat is HARD...I don't really know what they are doing wrong, other than perhpas leaving their BO's behind and chraging into combat by themselves. I did this once on "Researcher Rescue", where the game glitched and I beamed down to the Gorn planet without my away team. I tried to play it that way, but usually got killed by each of the mobs since they just surrounded me and started wailing on me. Perhaps part of the problem is that BO powers recharge too quickly. It seems to me that my Sci and Eng officers are constanly spamming health and shields on me and the rest of the team so I never have to worry about that. So maybe BO powers need to take longer to recharge (although, I have skilled up both of those powers extensivlely). Maybe the size of the mobs need to be increased....
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I've done whole missions without the bridge officers cause of the glitch in beta and it wasn't hard just took a little longer
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Hit commander today. For those wondering about the supposed difficulty hike it doesn't exist.

On top of the fact you're, you know, immortal and breed like a tribble when you and you crew die.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOfWoe View Post
Hit commander today. For those wondering about the supposed difficulty hike it doesn't exist.

On top of the fact you're, you know, immortal and breed like a tribble when you and you crew die.
I could of told you that from the beta, It's same old same old
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I find it pretty funny people are whining the Away Team AI is actually good. Cryptic cant win in this, if the AI was bad, people would be whining too about stupid BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
I find it pretty funny people are whining the Away Team AI is actually good. Cryptic cant win in this, if the AI was bad, people would be whining too about stupid BOs.
We aren't complaining that the team is good, We want the team to be good.

We just want the AI to actually be able to win against us because at the moment, You can afk rank up
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpunk View Post
We aren't complaining that the team is good, We want the team to be good.

We just want the AI to actually be able to win against us because at the moment, You can afk rank up
how about every mob just 1 shots you would that be hard enough for you ?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike.Firebrand
If i could one shot them too then yes.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike.Firebrand
If i could one shot you and shut you up then yes...

Spike your only way of constructing an arguement is to take it to an extreme that nobody has asked for... You said about it being one shot hard...

however we merely asked for more of a challenge and a bit harder, increasing it by 10% would still class as making it harder and satisfying us, though you always try to imply we ant it one sht impossible for the sake of your own pathetic trolling, your an idiot who lives in a fantasy world, go shag another troll, i can think of two who suit you fine, Lindsey or Lena...

P.S. Still waitin for those videos form you of it ever being so hard, not to mention your facts being confirmed...