Lt. Commander
Honestly was you art department just taking the p*** and couldnt be bothered to actually polish this before release...
Not only do we only get a chocie of one infected ear, oh wow!!

All the eye pieces are a total joke, they look cheap, are blocking, badly texted and badly designed... one has a satelite dish bigger then my face on it, they are very square and don't merge well with the character at all, especialyl considering you can't do anything else with the rest of the body so it stands out and doesn't match!

what happened to the more discreet 7 of 9 type of pieces? What about limbs in a borg fashion? I think out of all the pieces you can choose only one is slightly workable...

I don't want my character looking like some shat out a tin cna on his face!!!!

please give us some decent looking borg hardware for out model, includin some coming under the scar/tattoo section!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
i have to agree. the customizability of overall characters is nothing short of awesome. i truly hope some other games (*cough*wow*cough*) take a look at this and learn something. but our options for the borg character are pathetic in comparison.

there's only been a few liberated borg shown in the shows and of them that i can recall, janeway, torres, tuvok, and picard all had their external implants completely removed. 7of9 and the four borg children on voyager all had very small external borg implants. the three drones in survival instinct had more noticeable external implants, but only because their borg technology had been removed by doctors with less skill than voyager's emh. even theirs was covered by their clothing.

none of these people had satellite dishes on the sides of their heads. none had the fully external borg eye implant. and most of them had small borg implants scattered around. thanks for the pre-order incentive; it's what got me to buy in the end. but overall it is not living up to my expectations based on the other character customization options.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Two hundred and fifty dollars well spent.

I can see why you're frustrated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I was disappointed there was no option for Low impact but still borg attachments like the thing Seven of Nine Wore on her face.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
buying a Lifetime just for the borg is sad
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 01:45 PM
which is why I made a completely normal looking Borg no-infected skin or anything of the type. The only thing that you might notice is that the eyes are set as "reflective". I can at least RP that given some thought.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glavius View Post
which is why I made a completely normal looking Borg no-infected skin or anything of the type. The only thing that you might notice is that the eyes are set as "reflective". I can at least RP that given some thought.
Same here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Don't you people get some sort of nanite stat boost or something with this?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 01:51 PM
yes you get a couple special traits, they are just complaining about the appearance, not any of the Borg effectiveness.

p.s. my borg enjoys his bulky non-meshing external eye attachment with accompanying tin can **** around his head..... and infected ear
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Which Borg option was normal looking? I must have missed that. Mine has a big satellite dish on the side of his head. I would really like to see subdued implants as an option.

To the poster who claimed everyone spent $240 on a borg character. Most people bought the lifetime sub because they plan to play the game for a long time, not for bonuses. I would have bought the lifetime without either the Borg or the extra character slots, but they are nice to have.