Lt. Commander
Hi it's Monday they day before the official launch of STO. I have not preordered yet but I have the cash in my pocket. I called GAMESTOP and was told that it takes up to 24 hours to get your beta/headstart code after setting up a preorder. Also, the guy at Gamestop told me that he wasn't sure if the game would actually be in stores on the 2nd and I noticed that some websites like wal-mart/target say that the game wont be in stock until the 4th. Anyway, I just want some advice on whether or not it is a good idea to goto the store today and buy a preorder or if I should just wait until the actual boxes are in the store shelves and buy it then. Please help!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Well do you want to play right now/tomorrow? If you do, I would buy from a digital retailer so you can play now, otherwise if you dont have a problem waiting, then well, just wait.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I just received an email from Amazon US saying my order shipped and should be delivered tomorrow. If you want a preorder bonus you can try to preorder from one of the sites otherwise it might be better to hit a store tomorrow or Wednesday and pick it up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
We don't have a whole lot of influence over the retailers, you know?

My advice - go Direct2Drive. They'll give you your pre-order code right away, provided they haven't run out. (Still had some last I checked, which was when I pre-ordered a few days ago.)