Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 141
02-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
Actually the only complaint dealing with mines is the broken control options that treat mines like a PC and NPC when it comes to targeting. That is something that appeared in closed beta and the Devs acknowledged need to be fix at some point. We may curse at the mines but as of yet I have never heard a klingons whinne about them.
Because not many klingons seen T4 mine pattern in action :p yet...its 16 mines per deployment...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 142
02-03-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harathan
Back in Beta when Fed players were getting picked off one by one by groups of cloaked Klingon players, some Fed players (foolishly) complained about cloak and PvP. Many Klingon players said "tough , we have cloak, adapt or die, l2p" etc. So the Fed players adapted, and found that the best defence against cloaked ganking was a tight formation. Suddenly, the forums were awash with Klingon players (the same ones from earlier) yelling how the "Fedball" was OP, PvP wasnt balanced, etc. Apparently they'd never heard of the word 'hipocrisy'.

Either we need a timer on matches to stop Klingons refusing to fight (hiding from view for 20 minutes is NOT the same as staying in a defensive formation in case youre attacked) or a timer on cloak to stop it being abused in this way. Players in PvP should be forced to fight. Federation ships sit there waiting to be attacked. Klingon cloaking FORCES this to be the case. So the responsibility to attack HAS to be on the Klingons, many of whom seem to think they're PvP gods anyway.
? i was in closed beta the klingons never whinned about FED balls just like we do not whinne about it here. We pointed as we do now out that our cloaking ambush hit and runs were the best counter to it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 143
02-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harathan
Feds cant refuse to fight if the teams arent even, except by quiting the PvP instance. Klingons can just hide IN the instance. Im sure you think thats fair.

But thats the problem. Apparently you dont want to PvP unless youre guaranteed to win. If a good Fed team comes in and runs a tight formation with good target calling, too many of your guys spend the rest of the battle hiding under cloak.

Its a generalisation and I apologise, but seems to me that Feds go into PvP expecting to fight. Klingons go into PvP demanding to win.

EDIT - I wondered how long it would take an FoE member to display their childishness on the forum, since they already do it so well in game. The answer was "not long". Try reading posts a bit more thoroughly, wardrop.
Thats just wrong.

In reality, ive seen in ALL of my PvP games only one time when Feds have been with 4 players, all the other times its been 5 Feds and 4-5 Klingons.

Plus the Feds camp the Fed side portal (cracked planetoid) Thus meaning when we Klingons engage, we respawn 80km away... as the Feds respawn closer.

But do we QQ about that ? no.

There is no idea as Klingons to engage asap, as there is always a fedball camp in the starting portal. We need all 5 Klingons to break the fedball, and thats what we need.

It might take 2-3 minutes to get the last player as Klingon side, but we will get him and when we get him we will attack (pug/premade)

IF there is Klingons who attack only when they get the team in good position and good firing solution, so what, they will still attack and the PvP map takes 20 minutes instead of 10.

Our Klingon team makes a forumation from start, we park to 10 km and when weapon power is maxed we start our attack run from <BEEEEP> and focus x,y,z players in specific order that is called via speech software.

We have 4 healers/repairers and one PURE Dps player. We will loose 0 players against Pugs (as pugs are utter .... target practice) But vs Premaids we have some problems, but 99% the time we win as our team work has 0 flaws 0 mistakes. And we have tricks that we use to actually diminish enemy healing/repairing =)

but anyway, its all about Team Work and fast dps switch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 144
02-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harathan

Are you suggesting Sci ships should leave the ball to go looking?
No, they can however be postion in a stactic ball to look for incomming klingons. Many a good FED hs detected klingon forces setting up for their attack and have premepted their attack.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 145
02-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Because not many klingons seen T4 mine pattern in action :p yet...its 16 mines per deployment...
Game should have a science skill that makes an AoE mine detonation, and every ship close by would get x2 dmg from the mines.

16 x 3 x 5 mines is : 240 mines and 5 Feds strolling in the minefield.

Its always when players find extremes when that aspect of the game gets changed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 146
02-03-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Because not many klingons seen T4 mine pattern in action :p yet...its 16 mines per deployment...
Yes I know what it is and I along with quite a few other BoK's ( not to mention other klingons in closed beta) have seen it and have fought against forces that have used them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 147
02-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
Game should have a science skill that makes an AoE mine detonation, and every ship close by would get x2 dmg from the mines.

16 x 3 x 5 mines is : 240 mines and 5 Feds strolling in the minefield.

Its always when players find extremes when that aspect of the game gets changed.
You already have tools to detone it, its called torpedo spread, cannon spread, fire at will...


But your logic about 240 mines is beyond me....care to explain how you made up that number ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 148
02-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
Thats just wrong.

In reality, ive seen in ALL of my PvP games only one time when Feds have been with 4 players, all the other times its been 5 Feds and 4-5 Klingons.

Plus the Feds camp the Fed side portal (cracked planetoid) Thus meaning when we Klingons engage, we respawn 80km away... as the Feds respawn closer.

But do we QQ about that ? no.

There is no idea as Klingons to engage asap, as there is always a fedball camp in the starting portal. We need all 5 Klingons to break the fedball, and thats what we need.

It might take 2-3 minutes to get the last player as Klingon side, but we will get him and when we get him we will attack (pug/premade)

IF there is Klingons who attack only when they get the team in good position and good firing solution, so what, they will still attack and the PvP map takes 20 minutes instead of 10.

Our Klingon team makes a forumation from start, we park to 10 km and when weapon power is maxed we start our attack run from <BEEEEP> and focus x,y,z players in specific order that is called via speech software.

We have 4 healers/repairers and one PURE Dps player. We will loose 0 players against Pugs (as pugs are utter .... target practice) But vs Premaids we have some problems, but 99% the time we win as our team work has 0 flaws 0 mistakes. And we have tricks that we use to actually diminish enemy healing/repairing =)

but anyway, its all about Team Work and fast dps switch.
actually, I have bene ina few battles were it has been just 1-2 FEDs usually we chat a bit then work out between us to meet in the middle to kill them fast so we both get our rewards. Just as I an other klingons have gone into battle where the que was messed p and it was 1 klingon and we do the same.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 149
02-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harathan
Thats all fine and reasonable, until you realise that while the majority of Klingons are dedicated, experienced (by design) PvPers in premade groups, the majority of Federation players are casual, inexperienced PvPers in PUGS.

Its THIS situation that creates the percieved imbalance. I have a suspicion that this will only ease off if/when the Klingons get the same amount of PvE content as the Feds, thus watering down the PvP ranks a little.
Oh, no argument there, which is exactly the point though. It gets tiring trying to explain and defend why one side is so opposed and adamant to changes and accusations of OP anything when it comes to their tactics. It is all we do playing Klingons - PvP. It is all we have. The interesting part, and not really trying to thump my chest here, is to look in the Klingon PvP section of the forum and read the number of generic guides on how to succeed at PvP posted by Klingon playing members. Then compare that to those posted by in the Fed forum. What to bet on the results of that? I imagine that will change and it may just be my reading habits (one can only wade through the 'OMGZ - the Klingonz R sooo OP!!!' so many times).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 150
02-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerJr View Post
Wardrop, I think you got dropped a little too many times. Bloodlance, like you, is arguing the Klingon side.

Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
Timer is utter retardism, it fixes nothing.

Klingons will refuse if the teams are not balanced. No Klingon team will attack 5 feds with 4 or less ships. And neither would you.

IF you ask in Zone,

1. Why dont you attack ? do you have less players ?

2. IF they say they have 4 only, you can say in response, OK, i will not engage, you can attack.







Thats what he wrote thats why i asked if he was serious, then started a NEW paragraph to talk about the topic of the post. What dont you get?


i mean from the read above it sure looks like hes wanting to ya know connect with the feds have a group sit down....swap spit. Organize a little match.... Have a parade!!
Actually what you dont get... keep it to your self cause i dont really care to be honest.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:22 PM.