Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Lol, one group reacting to another group... Meanwhile fingerpointing on the victims of the fed ball... In war they call that confinement... Both are worthy tactics... Why should the fed ball break and expose their weakness.... Why should the Klingons throw their honor against a wall?

So yeah, I agree .... A timer!
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrowz View Post
Time limits on cloaking in pvp?
Noooo learn to read. Time limits on the PvP match it self.

Gotta love how this post is shaping up.

1) We have the offender in here screaming that he was correct to grief us.

2) You have the justifying appeasers saying leave the match if you don't like it. Its not Cryptics fault.

3) You have trolls, well this IS the STO forums after all.

My final word on the Fed Ball. Tell us what you would like us to do Klingons instead of *****ing about the ball. I assume you would like us to split up and all fly in different directions so you can kill us one by one? What else is there for us to do? You guys are cloaked it is not like we can go looking for you. So we get into a formation and wait to be attacked. Do you guys have any idea how stupid it makes you look when you ***** about "the ball"? You are flaming us for working together to win. Why wouldn't we use a strategy that plays to our strengths like you use a strategy that plays to yours. You really must be missing a chromosome (or you may have an extra one) if you think we should be doing anything different.

As for the PvP matches, why go in them at all if you are only going to rage quit or cloak grief (hide/refuse to fight) when you don't wtfpwn the feds.

Grow the hell up.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muawijhe
That screeny is QQ from 5 feds because I would not die.

Had 5 cruisers balled up for 45min crying like they caught me with their old lady. I was uncloaking, attacking then bolting out of range. They refused to even think about going after me, but boy did the QQ flow. So yeah we "griefed" them because the scrubs refused to move for 45 min.

Pretty Nub QQ though very unoriginal. They stuck with the tried and true, "You've been reported for griefing" and the dreaded "Im going to post on the boards" QQ, *shiver*.
rofl i can believe it i played a couple of matches on the fed side and they would get ****ed if you left the "ball" i really don't care for being that close to others.. lol unless they are hawt alien green chicks ... hrmm thats a lil mean... i go for the blue chicks too lol but huddling up with a buncha guys.... nope not gonna do it

if ground were fun and not boring 40 kills maybe they'd be more pvp but lol oh well
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
We need less areana map and more objective maps like the one at the bottom of the list dealing with assalting bases thoes force people to uncloak and actually fight to acomplish objectives not just float about hiding(Klingon) or waiting(Federation)
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
How exactly was this guy griefing you? how about a screenshot at original size so we can read the chat.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
Noooo learn to read. Time limits on the PvP match it self.

Gotta love how this post is shaping up.

1) We have the offender in here screaming that he was correct to grief us.

2) You have the justifying appeasers saying leave the match if you don't like it. Its not Cryptics fault.

3) You have trolls, well this IS the STO forums after all.

My final word on the Fed Ball. Tell us what you would like us to do Klingons instead of *****ing about the ball. I assume you would like us to split up and all fly in different directions so you can kill us one by one? What else is there for us to do? You guys are cloaked it is not like we can go looking for you. So we get into a formation and wait to be attacked. Do you guys have any idea how stupid it makes you look when you ***** about "the ball"? You are flaming us for working together to win. Why wouldn't we use a strategy that plays to our strengths like you use a strategy that plays to yours. You really must be missing a chromosome (or you may have an extra one) if you think we should be doing anything different.

As for the PvP matches, why go in them at all if you are only going to rage quit or cloak grief (hide/refuse to fight) when you don't wtfpwn the feds.

Grow the hell up.
I am seriously sorry for your parents.

So, you can sit there in a cruiser ball of "cant die".......and...expect the tissue paper klingon ships to decloak and get popped 1 by 1? First ship will die fairly quickly. 5V4. Another klingon ship will pop while MAYBE getting a cruiser close to death. 5V3.
This is how it would pan out if the feds are half decent.

Try having some Aux and sensor consoles on hand? Divert power to your aux and sensors and perform a sweep?
Run around dropping mines?
*shrugs*

Sitting there wont get you any sympathy. Them sitting there isn't a "cool" thing to do, but honestly I would have simply left the map if a cruiser ball was ****ing off inside the cracked planetoid.

I think the OP doesn't understand the term "griefing". Sort of how the term terrorist is tagged onto anyone doing something "bad".
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Defeating the Fed Ball is easy when you got equal or superior numbers - you fly in and fight. And you do it far from the Federation side, so it takes longer for reinforcements to arrive in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Blame the game, not the player. The pvp match design is terrible.
For once, I agree with you.

Cryptic should not have went with the Arenas. PvP should've been Open PvP that could happen anywhere with anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerbunny View Post
I am seriously sorry for your parents.

So, you can sit there in a cruiser ball of "cant die".
The devs made the game this way on purpose. KDF has cloak because they are patterned to be the aggressors. Feds must group up and mutually defend.

Breaking through that defense is what FvK pvp is about. It's pretty interesting to me, one of the reasons why I purchased this game was because of that dynamic.

It takes a lot of coordination, skill and a little luck to pull off the first kill against prepared fed defense. That's when the game gets fun, and usually when the fight is determined.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Let me see if I get this..

Your telling me you want me to fly my Paper thin Bird of prey in to a ball Off Heavy Cruisers and expect to survive???

What The HELL are you smoking..

I fly a very effective BOP Both tactical and Science..

Yes, I will line up my Shot. come in and Blast away, then turn and run... Thats what Klingon BoPs Do!!!

Get over it..

I will Wait for the perfect shot. Which normally means trying to hit someone when I am just outside the others Weapons range.. I am Playing a Lion, sneaking up on gazelle, By the time the Gazelle sees the Lion its to late.

I play the waiting game.. Plain and Simple. I wait for that Fed ball to make a mistake.

Personally, 1 on 1 I will take on any ship at any time.. Even the Heavy cruisers. I might not survive but it will be a glorious battle.

I will not suicide into a 5 v 1.

yes, There is no lose to dying.. But, my pride. and my pride right now is what matters..

See you in space..
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieshdor View Post
We need less areana map and more objective maps like the one at the bottom of the list dealing with assalting bases thoes force people to uncloak and actually fight to acomplish objectives not just float about hiding(Klingon) or waiting(Federation)
i agree...more maps or better objectives in the current ones.
as it is, klinks can stay cloaked in the one and hold positions.
they could make objectives, but while holding the spot, you cant be cloaked - or within a certain range your cloak is ineffective - thereby forcing you to be exposed if you desire to claim that position for the KDF.

sorry - as a tactic, i see the advantage, and would not ask that be taken away - but it is being abused...
feds cant stay hidden and work out a strategy, we cant approach you and look at the HPs the less one has and go after them in a swarm attack. likewise - the cloak timer needs to be upped. to often i see many uncloak, then within what seems like seconds, cloaking again....i

cloak; get grp; find feds; look at HPs and classes; pick target; work strategy; assign roles; (5mins pass by); uncloak; attack; run; cloak; rinse; repeat.

you call it honor - i call it cowardice

but thats what the boards are for....objective critisism for all.

i do like how people strongly hold up thier side as the better and fully support it - that is kewls though