Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post

My final word on the Fed Ball. Tell us what you would like us to do Klingons instead of *****ing about the ball. I assume you would like us to split up and all fly in different directions so you can kill us one by one? What else is there for us to do? You guys are cloaked it is not like we can go looking for you. So we get into a formation and wait to be attacked. Do you guys have any idea how stupid it makes you look when you ***** about "the ball"? You are flaming us for working together to win. Why wouldn't we use a strategy that plays to our strengths like you use a strategy that plays to yours. You really must be missing a chromosome (or you may have an extra one) if you think we should be doing anything different.

As for the PvP matches, why go in them at all if you are only going to rage quit or cloak grief (hide/refuse to fight) when you don't wtfpwn the feds.
Lol you don't get it do ya... The time limit idea is fine... Let the game be a draw because both sides are being stuborn.... You actually think that the strength of this poorly made thread is that the Klingons were wrong for staying cloaked up while you were bundled up in your cozy fed ball? They are the cowards? Lol, what did you want us to do? Split up and die??? Whaaaaaa!!!! Lol read your posts... Time limit ok, OP = fail! Yes, your right, Klingons should have been stupid and attacked fed ball so they could loose and collect their points... How dare they be bull headed... Btw, fed ball isn't bull headed at all... It's nothing like staying cloaked... It's not a safety blanket!!!! Whaaaaa!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittany
Let me see if I get this..

Your telling me you want me to fly my Paper thin Bird of prey in to a ball Off Heavy Cruisers and expect to survive???

What The HELL are you smoking..

I fly a very effective BOP Both tactical and Science..

Yes, I will line up my Shot. come in and Blast away, then turn and run... Thats what Klingon BoPs Do!!!

Get over it..

I will Wait for the perfect shot. Which normally means trying to hit someone when I am just outside the others Weapons range.. I am Playing a Lion, sneaking up on gazelle, By the time the Gazelle sees the Lion its to late.

I play the waiting game.. Plain and Simple. I wait for that Fed ball to make a mistake.

Personally, 1 on 1 I will take on any ship at any time.. Even the Heavy cruisers. I might not survive but it will be a glorious battle.

I will not suicide into a 5 v 1.

yes, There is no lose to dying.. But, my pride. and my pride right now is what matters..

See you in space..
This.

Get Cryptic to fix the Klingon side of the game and Klingon gameplay will fix itself.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Unforunately, this seems to end up more a 'omg fedball is so noob!" or "cloaking cowards!" stuff than the core issue. Course, the title of the thread doesn't help any.

As pointed out, what needs to be implemented is a timer, which, as near as I can tell is pretty common on team deathmatch stuff, you either hit the limit, or hit the time limit and whoever has the most points at the time wins.

Granted, in this case, it won't resolve some of the issues. Cloaked types could run up a lead and simply hide for the rest of the game. Likewise a fedball could run up a lead then cluster around in defensive mode and run the clock out, but at least the game would END.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Hmm that match was a tier 2 match
with 5 Fed cruisers
all in the same fleet, possibly voice comms?
Good healers in the group
After the first encounter with 1 fed death to 4 klingon deaths you expected them to just feed ya?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
So the OP is AGAIN trying to argue that Klingons using their best strategic option of hit and run using cloak, is griefing, yet staying in a ball and acting like a dramaqueen when the Klingons don't decloak one by one for them to kill and win easily isn't. Hmm I think the pot needs to meet the kettle.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by effreem View Post
I hate that. I play Kling and the one thing that annoys the **** out of me is when 5 klings are looking at 3-6 feds and dont attack. So I attack thinking they will join in but they dont. So i EM+EB to try and pull the feds apart but the klings dont jump in. Then I die. And NOW the stupid klings uncloak and attack 5 different targets (normally all cruisers).

WTB Kling t2 pvp group with half a brain.

P.S. I am the "get it over with" type for matches with only me vs 10 feds. If the match isnt going to happen...why slow it down and waste my time.
Where you teamed up with them? Where you talking/coordinating with them? If not, you did it to yourself.

So if this is the case, next time coordinate with them, help them pick targets better...you cant berate them, that was you running head long into a Fed ball with no support.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losobal
Unforunately, this seems to end up more a 'omg fedball is so noob!" or "cloaking cowards!" stuff than the core issue. Course, the title of the thread doesn't help any.

As pointed out, what needs to be implemented is a timer, which, as near as I can tell is pretty common on team deathmatch stuff, you either hit the limit, or hit the time limit and whoever has the most points at the time wins.

Granted, in this case, it won't resolve some of the issues. Cloaked types could run up a lead and simply hide for the rest of the game. Likewise a fedball could run up a lead then cluster around in defensive mode and run the clock out, but at least the game would END.
but as a fed ball, we are not hiding unti lthe timer runs out...

funny - many threads prior told the feds to learn to group....no we do - and we get attacked here on the forums for using tactics against the klinks...such as balling or grouping and sticking together.

timer is needed. even numbers are needed for both sides... 5v5, 10v10, whatever.
auto grping for the numbers, and two mins for strategies to be worked on both sides, then main timer starts....have more objectives to force actio on both sides. no holding ground in cloak mode, or taking ground in cloak mode.
and there needs to be a way to hinder the attack, hide and win the fight strategy as well if one goes of kills or points. that would not suffice.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Can't read your screenshot. Don't really care. Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?

Edit - You can always abort the mission and leave.

Edit 2 - If they had given Klingons a T2 cruiser at launch like they should have this wouldn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
A timer will only make this "griefing" (what I like to call waiting for teams to even out while Feds whine) worse. Klingons could get one kill and cloak until the time runs out, they win. Or if the timer runs out and no one wins/gets xp no matter who is ahead, klingons cloak once feds get ahead.

Seriously you guys need to stop whining about Klingons staying in cloak. The only time this has ever happened is when the teams aren't even in my experience, or if we get rage quitters. I usually inform the feds kindly in zone that we're waiting for our team to fill. Usually they're cool, but then you get some who are like the OP and cry and say "Just decloak so we can get our XP lulz" and when we don't they cry and cry, or act like complete douche bags.

Sorry feds you're being hypocrites if you expect us to decloak so you can get easy wins with your fedballs, when you refuse to split up and/or bait klingons. I'm not saying you SHOULD have to split up, but just crying that Klingons won't decloak against impossible odds is really childish.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
There is nothing wrong wih the Fed ball...there is nothing wrong with cloaking tactics. Both tactics play to the strength of the ship types that employ them.

The only reason their are complaints is because they work well and make it difficult for some impatient, self-centered, spoiled gamer brat to get is easy kill/win.

That is it...give them a challenge and its a recipe for claiming the other players are the villians, the griefers, the exploiters, etc...all because that player cant get it all, right now, on his terms(which is usually fast, easy and on a silver platter).