Lt. Commander
# 51
02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
So stay in the Fed ball...it works. If there isnt enough action, go to another session...you lose nothing by leaving. Sometimes the enemy doesnt come to fight...so be it.

Is it the action and fight you want...or the session win...they arent always part of the same goal. I personally enjoy a stromg personal performance. Im about achieving the objective and/or the most kills for the least amount of loses...sometimes it means against over-whelming numbers or poor team mates, that i have to adapt my over-all goals for the session. Winning the session doest always mean getting all the clean kils i can...getting the most clean kills doesnt mean e win the map.

If there is nothing there in the map for you to gain/enjoy...then seek out a map that does. This map, this session doesnt have to happen...if they dont fight, leave. There is no rewards lost or gained by anyone with the map's win, lose or stalemate.
Fed ball doesn't guarantee a team won't lose. It simply makes it a more likely outcome. I have been in games where well-played Klingons kicked the fed ball's @$$
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
So I am making this post as I sit in what is now a 20 minute long PvP match. Here is a link to a thread and screen shot of the chat. http://gamesnafu.com/smf/index.php?topic=967.0 (right click and view for larger pic)They are just staying cloaked and refusing to fight.

WE NEED TIME LIMITS ON PVP MATCHES CRYPTIC!!!!
Well, if all you guys do is sit in a ball, are you really all that surprised?

Let me get this straight. You're complaining about someone not wanting to fly headlong into a group of players that only know how to ball up, and then for him to die repeatedly???

It takes 2 to tango. If you guys were all that concerned, you do have the option of splitting up the ball and fighting with other tactics to lure him into action. As you presumably remained in your cosy ball, then you have nothing to gripe about. Inactivity breeds inactivity. Deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominatus View Post
Well, if all you guys do is sit in a ball, are you really all that surprised?

Let me get this straight. You're complaining about someone not wanting to fly headlong into a group of players that only know how to ball up, and then for him to die repeatedly???

It takes 2 to tango. If you guys were all that concerned, you do have the option of splitting up the ball and fighting with other tactics to lure him into action. As you presumably remained in your cosy ball, then you have nothing to gripe about. Inactivity breeds inactivity. Deal with it.
Can you honestly say you see no difference between staying in a defensive position against invisible enemies and staying invisible so that you cannot be attacked?

If you really wanted to lure players out of their fed ball, you would move out of range and decloak.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
Fed ball doesn't guarantee a team won't lose. It simply makes it a more likely outcome. I have been in games where well-played Klingons kicked the fed ball's @$$
So if we stay cloaked not to lose...then chalk it up as a win for you and your side's overwhelming superiority in that session and leave...no one is keeping score of wins and loses. Check out the resuls for session...both sides get the win.

The concept of winning or losing for team deathmatch is totally pointless...if the session doesnt suite your combat desires because the klings are hiding so they "dont lose", find another session. Think about it, no one loses in TDM as it is...everyone wins. the only thing that matters is the fray until the session ends. If you dig the action stay, if you dont...leave. There is another session running for no one to lose and everyone to win...the question weither its the type of session for you.

TDM is pointlss, meaningless...so why hang around in one you dont like? The one PvP that does have any potential for mattering is capture and hold...and staying cloaked doesnt help the Klings one bit. Still no one loses anything by not winning this ether. So if you want to win the session, grab objectives and accept the game play that brings with that choice. If you want kills, venture out with the Fed packs who do activly engage the Klingons...its easy, sit at a Fed objective, we'll be ther ein a minute.

The only reason you arent having fun is because you think we need to fight on your terms and that it has to happen this session, this minute, right now...it doesnt, but somewhere it is...seek it and enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenath View Post
Get Cryptic to fix the Klingon side of the game and Klingon gameplay will fix itself.

Yup.

Honestly, it doesn't seem too difficult. Take the same missions, change some words, bingo, done. Instead of "The Gorn are assaulting this space station" klingon mission would read: "The Gorn are stealing all the glory!"

WTF, maybe writers are lazy/on strike? I will re-write the mission text for you.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
Can you honestly say you see no difference between staying in a defensive position against invisible enemies and staying invisible so that you cannot be attacked?

If you really wanted to lure players out of their fed ball, you would move out of range and decloak.
Because the Fed-Ball wouldnt herd its way over to the decloaked ship? You dont venture out alone because its not safe or smart to do so with claoked vessels. We dont just slam head long into a fed -ball because its not safe or smart to do so. So each side is looking for an opening.

Our job is to find it and attempt to exploit it, your job is to pounce on us when we do. You benefit and take advanatge when we make a mistake...we do the same when you do. That means patience for both sides is required.

As Ive said(coming full circle) the fed Ball is fine, the Cloak is fine...they are both effective tactics and it requires that smart players be patient in order to take advanatge of weakness and errors in their implementation.

If you rather not play safe and/or smart, then venture out of the ball...if you sit in the ball, you have nothing to say. I play smart...patience is a prerequiste.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post

If you rather not play safe and/or smart, then venture out of the ball...if you sit in the ball, you have nothing to say. I play smart...patience is a prerequiste.

Well said mate.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
It is a good day to die! (anyone?).

The problem here is that people want to Win no matter what, instead of simply wanting to fight, so they play it safe, but a Safe Victory is not a real Victory in my book...because this is a game..it is not reality you lose nothing, why be so obsessed about the Win?

Live long, fight hard, and Prosper!
I played PvP with Feds for the first time last night. After about 5 games of never winning, I just gave up and made myself a nice target for the Klingons. I figure if I do that for them when I am a Fed, they will do that for me when I am a Klingon. There is no real death penalty (or else I would quit playing Feds, no need to rough up my PvE character getting wiped in PvE) so what do I care if someone buffs there Klingon character at my expense. Tonight I will be back to being a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
So I am making this post as I sit in what is now a 20 minute long PvP match. Here is a link to a thread and screen shot of the chat. http://gamesnafu.com/smf/index.php?topic=967.0 (right click and view for larger pic)They are just staying cloaked and refusing to fight.

WE NEED TIME LIMITS ON PVP MATCHES CRYPTIC!!!!
Dear Judge_Bloodgood,

It happens on both sides, in both PVP types, against both teams.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...21-21-32-2.jpg

There's one of Feds admitting to griefing. I didn't remove the names, well, because I honestly don't care. It happens. Please learn to live with it.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienen View Post
Dear Judge_Bloodgood,

It happens on both sides, in both PVP types, against both teams.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...21-21-32-2.jpg

There's one of Feds admitting to griefing. I didn't remove the names, well, because I honestly don't care. It happens. Please learn to live with it.
So what? My point is we need time limits on the PvP games. To prevent such things. Yes you will have dink on both sides that purposefully ruin the game for others and purposefully waste peoples time.