Lt. Commander
# 61
02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
So what? My point is we need time limits on the PvP games. To prevent such things. Yes you will have dink on both sides that purposefully ruin the game for others and purposefully waste peoples time.
If you actually thought about it for more than a few seconds, you'd realize time limits would make cloak griefing worse and more powerful. Klingons will always control the clock in deathmatch.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
The problem would be because there is no incentive for dying. Meaning the objectives of most maps (even to an extent the capture maps) is to kill the other side. If winning is defined by who kills the most, everyone will build their characters to avoid death (be it Klingons or Feds) and tactics will be based around the fewest losses.
Problem is, Klingon culture = It is a good day to die!

Which means dieing should not be feared as a Klingon. Which is why 1 of the PVP quests I got given, Told me to die 25 times to enemy players. A real Quest, Not a joke.

PS> All matches should have a time limit, That should not even be a question. Every other game adds time limits. (I'm Klingon btw, So I'm not been bias against Klingon's)
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaldan
Problem is, Klingon culture = It is a good day to die!

Which means dieing should not be feared as a Klingon. Which is why 1 of the PVP quests I got given, Told me to die 25 times to enemy players. A real Quest, Not a joke.

PS> All matches should have a time limit, That should not even be a question. Every other game adds time limits. (I'm Klingon btw, So I'm not been bias against Klingon's)
Just because a Klingon doesn't fear death, doesn't mean he won't do everything to be victorious in battle or to be able to fight again another day. How many times did you see a Klingon kamakaze into a ship to win?
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
It is a good day to die! (anyone?).

The problem here is that people want to Win no matter what, instead of simply wanting to fight, so they play it safe, but a Safe Victory is not a real Victory in my book...because this is a game..it is not reality you lose nothing, why be so obsessed about the Win?

Live long, fight hard, and Prosper!
Is why I made a thread in the Klingon forum about Klingons running & refusing to fight.

ANYONE, Klingon or Fed that refuses to fight, or is adamant about Cloaking all the time, or insists on doing the FedBall, simply do not belong in PvP or this game.

This game is poor quality enough without players making it even worse with pathetic, chicken **** tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Just because a Klingon doesn't fear death, doesn't mean he won't do everything to be victorious in battle or to be able to fight again another day. How many times did you see a Klingon kamakaze into a ship to win?
I would rather kamikaze than run like a little boy.

I chose Raptor in order to fight, not run away.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
So what? My point is we need time limits on the PvP games. To prevent such things. Yes you will have dink on both sides that purposefully ruin the game for others and purposefully waste peoples time.
Then please label you threads properly instead of trying to point fingers towards the other faction for something both sides do.

Perhaps: "Suggestion: Time Limits on PvP maps to prevent cloak griefing"
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleonic View Post
I would rather kamikaze than run like a little boy.

I chose Raptor in order to fight, not run away.
You chose a Raptor because it allows you to stay and fight. You use the ship to its strengths...BoPs are a different kind of combat tool that suites different tactics and different captains.

Samurai didnt use the Katanas like axes, nor did they use their Bows like whipping sticks. Each warrior used the tools of his trade to their strengths...but the sword weilders and the archer were both still respect warriors none-the-less.

The tool doesnt make the warrior, the warrior is a warrior because of his prowess utilizing his chosen tool.

The only short-coming is if you use your weapon foolishly. The only requirement of the warrior is to engage the enemy...but that doesnt mean warriors must throw themselves blindly at the enemy. Great warriors arent afraid to face withering odds...when it has to be done. But great warriors also know that when they have the option, its better to engage the target intelligently...when it suites them, when they have the advanatage and to their own strengths.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Why do so many Fed players seem to think they can't move in their little ball? Stay together and move together, drop mines, do scans... I have seen plenty of cloaked ships caught this way, and usually when one of us starts getting attacked the others comes out... YOU (Feds) just took the advantage away.

It is ridiculous to form up in your little ball sitting right on top of your spawn point spamming mines and think it is the Klingon's fault for not jumping into your perfect little setup. Why should they take the fight about 60 seconds away from their spawn?

Timers won't work either since it is already pointed out that Klingons could just get a higher score and cloak the rest of the match. If you don't like arena then don't play it, there are other types of matches. All I got out of this thread is that Feds want to keep their ball tactic but take away any tactics the Klingons have.

Oh yeah.... out of all the games I have played in beta and head start I have never once seen Klingons cloak and say they are not coming out, not once. Try to make this out as some common "greifing" practice but it just doesn't happen.

Also, to those wondering why it seems like it takes 5 minutes for the Klingons to attack at the beginning of the rounds... 99% of the time it is because we are waiting for our team to fill up, most of them start us with only 1 or 2. Use that time to form a team and designate someone to call targets.
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-01-2010, 11:05 PM
all I see is a bunch of whining on both sides. so congratulations, we all fail.
Lt. Commander
# 70
02-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Now you all have a good idea of what I had to listen to for 45 min. I made no less then 20 seperate runs on their fedball and not once, even when they had 14 points did they attempt to chase.

Sum up Judge and his lot..bad players are bad.