Lt. Commander
# 1031
02-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Wow awesome chart! I had no idea Tribbles are this involved! I just figured whatever bred from my food, was all I was gonna get! So the regular or first wave breeds do nothing for you? I have each of my BO's own one in their mini inventory. I guess they do nothing? And do they need to acivate them to use thier powers? or simply have in on my belt inventory?
Whoa... so many questions!

ok, Thompson, Vitales, Susilo, Dotson, Sparkes, Stahl and the progenitor Tuffli only give healing when used.

when you go past those, then you start to get the different effects. Keep a healing one with a different one and after combat you never need a hypo again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.MarkusKarter
Can someone answer 2 questions for me about the diagram?

1.) Do Thompson, Vitales, and Susilo all have to be present in your inventory with a 64% food to create a Tuffli?

2.) Does a Tuffli have to consume all of those items to produce the next tier or, is it just one of those items?
1) no, just one tribble of that kind with one type of 64% food.
2) just one of those items
Lt. Commander
# 1032
02-27-2010, 04:22 AM
Bear in mind that not ALL 64% given to a Thompson, Vitales or Susilo will produce a Tuffli. Most, but not all.

Slug-O-Cola, Cardassian Yamok Sauce and Saurian Brandy simply produce their parents Dotson, Sparkes and Stahl. All of the other vendor bought ones from DS9 or Andoria will however.

Also, some of the lootable 64% food and drink will also not produce a Tuffli. Again they will produce one of their parents instead so don't be surprised if you don't get one, just try again. This is where the spreadsheet charts we painstakinly have written come into play as we have been listing all possible tribble/food combinations and the predictive sheet that is accessible from my link or located somewhere in the main tribble faq lists almost all food/tribble combinations either discovered or assumed based on others in that tribble group.

But if you stick to the vendor bought foods and use the ones other than the ones I listed above you should be able to create the all important Tuffli.
Lt. Commander
# 1033
02-27-2010, 05:39 AM
...and that is why I don't consider myself a proper researcher!

Thanks for the clarification Xrystal. Much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 1034
02-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Here's another test for the tribble flowchart, showing the new font (a condensed version of the font wolfiesden recommended) and a rough layout. As you can see, its going to be a tight fit, and I still havent squeezed everything in. I doubt I can bump the font up to 14 point, but if necessary I think I can make it bold (see the sample up top).

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...NTk0ZGYx&hl=en

By the way, depending on your browser window size, it may come out blurry in the google docs preview. The "correct" way to view it is to download the pdf file and view in acrobat reader at 100% scale.

EDIT: Here's an image of it as it appears on my screen. When I get the final version done, i'll publish in this form as well as the PDF.
http://doc-0c-6o-docs.googleusercont...ffk3i16616rbjj
Lt. Commander
# 1035
02-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Well as a download at 100% scale both this one and the original version are perfectly clear even for my bad eyes that need glasses but I never seem to go get it sorted rofl.

But viewing from googledocs directly which I tend to do alot ) This new font does seem slightly easier to read for me.
Lt. Commander
# 1036
02-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaTau
Awww, how can you not? The lovely little fluffly critters!
i eject mine into space.

to bad i cant actually see them disintergrate :/
Lt. Commander
# 1037
02-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Just downloaded it to test (for some reason I hadn't even thought of Google Docs not actually displaying it full size), and it is much more legible. (would be even more-so if not bold)

The issue however I think is that probably 95% of people will only ever view it over Google Docs, so that is the size that really needs to be the most legible. I really think an img (even if just of the full size .pdf) is probably your best bet as it won't be down scaled, that way you can make everything fit according to a full page size, rather than Google Doc's reduced size. (I'm on a 24" monitor at 1920x1200, so it's not just an issue of it being scaled on smaller screens)

Just to show you what I mean, I downloaded your chart and re-uploaded it as a .png image. All you have to do now is clock it once to zoom to full size. Thoughts?

http://www.yargnit.com/download/infis_flowchart2.png
Lt. Commander
# 1038
02-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Thorgald, that is how they get from world to world. Efficient buggers, annoying you into helping them spread. They sneak aboard ships via their bussard scoops, cling to deflector dishes, or cling to the hull inside the warp field.

CLEVER.
Lt. Commander
# 1039
02-27-2010, 08:15 PM
The chart looks good but the font Impact is not particularly legible at that size. You should probably use one that's more legible at small font sizes.

In other news, no one seems to have noticed that tribbles breed every hour on the hour of /played. Type that command to see when your tribbles will next breed.

Miuramir, you should probably add this to your top post.
Lt. Commander
# 1040
02-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar_ View Post
The chart looks good but the font Impact is not particularly legible at that size. You should probably use one that's more legible at small font sizes.

In other news, no one seems to have noticed that tribbles breed every hour on the hour of /played. Type that command to see when your tribbles will next breed.

Miuramir, you should probably add this to your top post.
Hmm, we've known for ages that they breed every hour on the hour.