Lt. Commander
# 1071
03-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJKnight69
if this is a dumb question I apologize before hand, but what exactly is meant by "64% food"?

I have a feeling I missed something somewhere.

I've had sucess with breeding tribbles but other than the Cavallaro I bred from the Rivera a lot of it has been by fluke.
Okay, food comes in 3 varieties. At least at present.

56% regen , 64% regen and 72% regen. It means that each of those foods and drinks will recover that percentage of your health. If you hover over any of these items it will tell you which one it is.

56% food and drink can be bought from the replicator or looted but no special looted versions.
64% food and drink has some that can be bought from Andoria or DS9 Quarks as well as looted but there are also some that can only be got through looting.
72% food and drink can only be looted.

If we put them on the Common/Rare ordinance for comparitiveness this would be how I would class them.

56% - Common
64% - Vendor Buyable - Common
64% - Lootable Only - Uncommon
72% - Lootable Only - Rare

Our ( Tribble FAQ regulars ) guesses are that more food may be added later as the game grows. 80% and 88% and 96% being the next obvious choices based on current percentage values.

Hopefully that explains somewhat why the lower level tribbles are constantly appearing with the common food whereas the more interesting tribbles appear with the more interesting foods.
Lt. Commander
# 1072
03-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
RIV + Banana Pancakes = ? nothing first breeding click, maybe he doesn't like pancakes

Grrrr. Two ticks now it hasn't eaten the bloody pancakes.
Did you forget the syrup?
Lt. Commander
# 1073
03-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Ahh... now i get it.

Thanks Xrystal!
Lt. Commander
# 1074
03-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Hmm, perhaps this is where the mystery tribble should be born and it isnt working ? Although technically it should be Sparkes but with Rivera who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 1075
03-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Hmm, perhaps this is where the mystery tribble should be born and it isnt working ? Although technically it should be Sparkes but with Rivera who knows.
Yeah I think I have that one listed as "predicted" Sparkes but maybe it should be a prime target to try after the supposed epic Tribble patch happens. Didn't the Devs imply there were some lingering 'bugs' associated with all this? Maybe this is one that'll be fixed. *shrugs*
Lt. Commander
# 1076
03-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
RIV + Banana Pancakes = ? nothing first breeding click, maybe he doesn't like pancakes

Grrrr. Two ticks now it hasn't eaten the bloody pancakes.
Hmm, that was a single pancake right and not a stack ? I've noticed tribbles do weird things when there is more than one version of the same food. I can have 30 different food items with a single tribble and it will eat one of them. Give it 3 of the same item and it gets confused rofl.
Lt. Commander
# 1077
03-01-2010, 02:08 PM
you guys are awsome
my tribbles are a hirer rank than my toon and bo's

help full hint. if you have a buff tribble activate it as soon start the breeding cycle helps me keep track

i have been breeding only with what was known. using

http://www.yargnit.com/download/infis_flowchart2.png
so thank you very much for the resource

at my cpt's current level ensign 8 i dont think i will come across any rare foods so i will be going through this chart

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ac...wczZ3cGM&hl=en

and fill in what i can

any idea on how to breed a RIV yet, i heard in another thread that you were supposed to use 1 of each 72% food. that someone had actually don it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=123937&page=9

its some were in that thread between pages 20-100 sorry i have limited time, if i find the post tonight i will re link it.
Lt. Commander
# 1078
03-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Hmm, just did a search for riv in that thread with no findings.

The Devs have confirmed however that there is and will probably be no way to breed the Rivera.
Lt. Commander
# 1079 in case you miss the edit
03-01-2010, 02:30 PM
RIV + Banana Pancakes (yes 1 with syrup) = SPARKES

So as predicted but no idea on the glitch on the 2 missed breeding cycles. I was on ground both times they were in my belt by themselves both times so....... no idea why.
Lt. Commander
# 1080
03-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Great chart. I got my Zinc last night.