Lt. Commander
# 1121
03-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Mccarry + Tranya = Dotson
Lt. Commander
# 1122
03-04-2010, 04:13 AM
thought I should post this in case you need the info:

Went to breed a Mattson from Deangelo using Saurian Brandy (using chart - http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...NjQ4NDhm&hl=en ). And all I got was a Thompson. I thought "Did I not read that chart right? Did I just waste a Brandy?" Brandy though is one food I seem to have a lot of (I think the BOs like to get down on their off time a little too much) - so I tried it again. The second time I got the expected results and I got Mattson.

Only mention it because of the "possible random factor" at times mentioned earlier in the thread recently that even though "most times" the Tribble + Food = Right Tribble - it does appear there maybe a random factor for it, just don't know how bad the "random" is (Maybe its like those polls - accurate within 3% - 19 times out of 20 hehe)
Lt. Commander
# 1123
03-04-2010, 04:23 AM
Fantastic job!!!

I manage to breed most of mine randonly but this chart is light years better then the excel ones (no disrespect to the effort and value of those who did however).

Lt. Commander
# 1124
03-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximvs Decimvs

Went to breed a Mattson from Deangelo using Saurian Brandy (using chart - http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...NjQ4NDhm&hl=en ). And all I got was a Thompson. I thought "Did I not read that chart right? Did I just waste a Brandy?" Brandy though is one food I seem to have a lot of (I think the BOs like to get down on their off time a little too much) - so I tried it again. The second time I got the expected results and I got Mattson.

Only mention it because of the "possible random factor" at times mentioned earlier in the thread recently that even though "most times" the Tribble + Food = Right Tribble - it does appear there maybe a random factor for it, just don't know how bad the "random" is (Maybe its like those polls - accurate within 3% - 19 times out of 20 hehe)
Thanks for the info. While I know the people who are trying to chart these combos (myself included) might not like it it does make at least some real world sense for there to be some randomness to animal breeding. What I'm hoping a Dev might tell us at some point is whether or not these unpredictable breedings are an intentional part of the game or are the result of some kind of bug. I'd hate to think we try to figure out what the percentages are only to realize the game is -not- supposed to work like that.
Lt. Commander
# 1125
03-04-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
Fantastic job!!!

I manage to breed most of mine randonly but this chart is light years better then the excel ones (no disrespect to the effort and value of those who did however).

Well I wouldn't say charts like these are "light years better" than the spreadsheets just like that. The two things serve different purposes depending on what you're trying to do.

The charts are good if you're just interested in getting to a end result Tribble to use in the game. But the spreadsheets are good to obtain a "big picture" view of all Tribble info. Basically the spreadsheets were needed to verify and support the creation of the "easy to use" charts.

These two things are like two different tools in a tool box. One's only "better" than the other depending on the job you're trying to accomplish.
Lt. Commander
# 1126
03-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximvs Decimvs

Yeah but are you 101% sure that you didn't have other food in your inventory or pick it up during fights and have it eaten instantly due to being on the right time etc
Lt. Commander
# 1127
03-04-2010, 09:17 AM
FYI, Tribble buffs will no longer work in space.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...39#post2294639
Lt. Commander
# 1128
03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_R
What species drops Tranya?
I haven't had Tranya drop yet, but doing just two of the mid-to-high Lt Comm Romulan missions, I've picked up Klingon Heart of Targ, Tullaberry Wine, and Jumbo Romulan Mollusk. I would assume that Tranya could drop that early on as well.
Lt. Commander
# 1129
03-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Power420
FYI, Tribble buffs will no longer work in space.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...39#post2294639
Eh, to be honest it didn't really make sense for them to affect ships in space anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 1130
03-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothic View Post
Eh, to be honest it didn't really make sense for them to affect ships in space anyway.
No, it made perfect sense. You pet the tribble and your DPS goes up pressing the trigger on a phaser. You pet a tribble and your DPS goes up mashing the "Fire Phaser" button on your ship. Whats the difference? On second thought, why do any of the DPS and Damage Resist buffs work at al? It didn't make sense for ANY tribble to work. But since they DID, it makes JUST as much sense that a tribble would affect your finger on a trigger as it would your finger on a fire phaser button. Bad move Cryptic.

They BROKE tribbles to FIX another bug. Good job Cryptic. Way to address a problem head on!