Lt. Commander
# 1291
03-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Does anyone think it might be worth making a list of the most important foods for breeding Tribbles and also add to the list locations of where one might find the most important foods?

Food for thought? LoL
Lt. Commander
# 1292
03-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Does anyone think it might be worth making a list of the most important foods for breeding Tribbles and also add to the list locations of where one might find the most important foods?

Food for thought? LoL
I guess the only problem with this is what's your definition of "important". I guess you could say there are foods which are involved in more high tier breedings than others, but knowing that is good for only so much.

And as far as locations for foods go most of the high end foods are gained by drops. Maybe you could start tracking it to say "food X comes from defeating enemy type Y more often than not" but since it all comes from random drops it'd be hard to say things like that with 100% certainty.

My spreadsheet basically contains all the generic breeding information available from the sources found in this thread. I don't worry too much about "implied" information like you're talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 1293
03-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the reply Lothic, I was just asking really, because atm I am keeping every food item I find in my inventory and it would save space if I had a list of the more "important" items that are used to breed higher tier tribbles.

Basically I would like to get rid of some of the food I have aquired but fear doing so as I may accidently get rid of a food item that is used to breed a high tier tribble.

If I have understood the info in this thread correctly, some of the food items are basically useless, where as others are vital for Tribble breeding, is that right?
Lt. Commander
# 1294
03-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
Okay so after much expense and time I can report that ALL the 72% except for Quadro stack above 10 untis. Quadrotritacale is the only oddball. I also checked out the significant 64% and they stack as normal so now I'm REALLY wondering what's up!!!
Different foods stack different amounts. Romulan ale will stack to 70, but Jumbo Romulan Mollusk only stacks to 40. If there is a reason behind this other than a Dev arbitrarily assigning a size to the items and how many will fit in a stack, I do not know.
Lt. Commander
# 1295
03-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Thanks for the reply Lothic, I was just asking really, because atm I am keeping every food item I find in my inventory and it would save space if I had a list of the more "important" items that are used to breed higher tier tribbles.

Basically I would like to get rid of some of the food I have aquired but fear doing so as I may accidently get rid of a food item that is used to breed a high tier tribble.

If I have understood the info in this thread correctly, some of the food items are basically useless, where as others are vital for Tribble breeding, is that right?
Every food is capable of advancing _some_ tribble to the next tier. At the lower tiers, you've got a lot more options than the higher ones, so certainly don't need to hang onto everything. If you're interested in stockpiling the highest strength tribbles, then basically just hold onto the 72% foods.
Lt. Commander
# 1296
03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Sorry trying to figure out the chart...

So does that mean the tribble has to eat ALL the food types? Or does just one of a certain group makes it grow into another? To get from Tuffli to Jasper it lists 5 foods for example (stew, stew, fal, tea, and soup) do you have to feed all of those in that order?

I managed to get a couple Jaspers...although I have no idea which foods I had in my inventory at the time.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 1297
03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
All a tribble needs to breed is one item of food.

1 tribble + 1 food = 1 new tribble.

So, to answer your question, one of the foods listed will create the next tribble along the path. You don't need all the types of food in the list. Just one will do.
Lt. Commander
# 1298
03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
so the only tribbles that are worth while to breed to for a combo buff is matheson and ricossa
Well, keep in mind that the damage buff on, say, a Mattson, is less potent than the damage buff on a Nielson, or even the lowly Cavallaro. So, the "best" tribble varies depending on role and current goals.
Lt. Commander
# 1299
03-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightops25 View Post
Different foods stack different amounts. Romulan ale will stack to 70, but Jumbo Romulan Mollusk only stacks to 40. If there is a reason behind this other than a Dev arbitrarily assigning a size to the items and how many will fit in a stack, I do not know.
I could see how different types of things might stack differently to represent some kind of "realism" but for that to make any sense every inventory slot ought to be considered to be a certain size or accept a certain amount of weight. For example if you could say that each inventory slot held 100kg of mass then it'd make sense that you could stack 50 small things or 10 big things in the same slot.

But for these things to have different max stackable amounts without that basic concept in mind is just kind of silly. Why pick 70 for Romulan Ale or 40 for Jumbo Romulan Mollusks? What's special about 70 or 40 in those cases?

I guess without any other info about this it looks like the Devs might have just picked numbers for these stack sizes randomly out of thin air. *shrugs*
Lt. Commander
# 1300
03-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Most games are pretty unrealistic when it comes to inventory. You've got a backpack that can hold 30 suits of full plate armor. But if you remove one it only frees up enough space for one pinky ring. Unless of course they're the same kind of plate armor. Then they stack and you've got room for that 29 piece orchestra.