Lt. Commander
# 1501
03-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfniLuck
The final document is shaping up nicely. It includes a page of credits and references, which still has a bit of room left over, so I thought I'd fill in the gap with some trivia. We know that all the tribbles were named after cryptic developers. Most were easy to identify, but there's still some who apparently never gave or were mentioned in an interview, and I can't find an official list of credits anywhere. Can anyone help me fill in the gaps?

Other cryptic employees I've found references to, mainly with regard to Champions Online, but don't know their titles or what role they played in this game, if any. Anyone know?

howe : Travis Howe
mccarry : Michael MCarry
nielson : Andrew Nielson
ricossa : Steve Ricossa
stacy : Steve Stacy
susilo : Imario Susilo
tuffli : Geoff Tuffli
vitales : Steven Vitales
yu: Could be Melvin Yu or Ray Yu or both
Okay found this from the french tribble site who are doing a similar thing to stowiki and documenting the spreadsheeted style of data we have. But they have listed the job roles of some the tribbles namesakes.

howe : Travis Howe : Animator
mccarry : Michael MCarry : Programmer
stacy : Steve Stacy : Animator
susilo : Imario Susilo : Concept Artist
tuffli : Geoff Tuffli : Design Support
Lt. Commander
# 1502
03-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
Kinda guessing they'll start in with Targ's at some point *shudder*

Has me wondering, if fed's have tribbles and klingons have targs what's the future Romulans pet? Can't remember anything from the shows.
Remans.

/10moresummonedpets
Lt. Commander
# 1503
03-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Haven't seen it yet announced or otherwise.

In the Neutral Zone, between K7 and Cursa is Droxana System. It has 64 % food vendors (same as Andoria DS9) and Exchange, Mail, Bank...

It seems to be new as I didn't find it on any online maps.
Lt. Commander
# 1504
03-28-2010, 11:42 AM
For them to add targ breeding they would have to make targs a droppable item instead of just the pre-order reward they are now. I doubt it will happen. But if it does, you probably breed more targs by feeding them tribbles. Low tier targs would advance with just basic stahls, dotsons, etc. High tier targs would require feeding them your tier 7/8 tribbles...
Lt. Commander
# 1505
03-29-2010, 01:39 AM
If someone has mentioned this already I must have missed it.. But has anyone else noticed that breeding tribbles from the belt tend to take about an hour?

Since the buffs from the mid-tier tribbles lasted an hour, I started putting on a buff and checking every so often, just standing there, and seeing how long it would take before I noticed the food on my hotbar gone and replaced by a tribble. Each time it was around 50-60 min. It's not exact, since sometimes I would lag in putting up the buff or there's something else, but it seems to take around an hour so far. This has been true all the way up to getting CAV and STC so far.
Lt. Commander
# 1506
03-29-2010, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingGlory
If someone has mentioned this already I must have missed it.. But has anyone else noticed that breeding tribbles from the belt tend to take about an hour?
The tribble breeding timer is synchronized with your /played clock. Whenever it hits the hour, tribbles in your inventory and bank will breed, and those in your equipment slots too if you're on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 1507
03-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 1508
03-29-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Now the question is .. are there any others left to show the possibility of more tribbles at a later date rofl.
Kinda guessing they'll start in with Targ's at some point *shudder*

Has me wondering, if fed's have tribbles and klingons have targs what's the future Romulans pet? Can't remember anything from the shows.
The Vulcans had Sehlats so maybe the Romulans would have access to them too. Who knows?

Anyway it seems I was wrong about my prediction that the Borg Tribble would be unbreedable. Oh well, it happens. But the fact that the Borg Tribble is, so far, similar to the Rivera breeding-wise might be a clue about any possible future Tribble. It seems that the Devs might just automatically make any new "oddly unique" Tribble a clone of Rivera and/or the Borg one. That way it could just be worked into the system without having to shoehorn it into any of the preexisting (and now symmetrical) Tribble tiers.

Obviously we'll see if that turns out to be the case if the Devs ever decide to add yet another Tribble type to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 1509
03-29-2010, 02:10 PM
More new tribbles == bad. I just got the new flowchart completely finished (will post tonight after proofreading with fresh eyes) and I don't ever want to have to make any updates again. I definitely don't know where I could possibly fit in another tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 1510
03-29-2010, 02:17 PM
In general, when dealing with tribbles, you should always expect more new tribbles.