Lt. Commander
# 321
02-10-2010, 10:55 PM
I was sure the timing was a loot sooner than that. But then other times it seems like it has taken for ages so maybe on those suspected quick births I was just having way too much fun and the time flew passed
Lt. Commander
# 322
02-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I was sure the timing was a loot sooner than that. But then other times it seems like it has taken for ages so maybe on those suspected quick births I was just having way too much fun and the time flew passed
it looks like it might be based on the color of your tribble, further investigation is required
Lt. Commander
# 323
02-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Ok, so I just finished working up a new chart with the idea being to attempt to identify breeding patterns, and thus hopefully be able to predict likely combination's of Tribble/food without having to try quite as many possibilities. I've combined info from from both the STO-intel.org wiki and the Google doc's file to put this chart together, so hopefully it is as current as possible.

There is a Key at the bottom, but for a brief rundown, Black is Common, Deep Red is Uncommon, Green is Rare, Blue is Very Rare, and Bright Red is Ultra Rare. Yu is in Yellow, as I think it might be in a 6th category, but I am not positive as of yet.

Let me know what you think, I already see a few very interesting patterns, as well as possible misreports to keep an eye on.

Edit; Ok, here is chart;

http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblechart1.png
Lt. Commander
# 324
02-10-2010, 11:33 PM
I've started my 2nd tribble farm with a few of the duplicate 1st generation tribbles I have. My Scientist will handle my 56% tests while my Engineer will handle my 64% tests. The few instances of 72% food will most like be found on my Scientists anyway being the higher level so she will store those until I'm ready to run tests on them.

That said, here are my updated testslist:

10th Feb
Stacy + Romulan Ale (72%) = Sparkes
Dotson + Cardassian Zabu Stew (64%) = Vitales

9th Feb
Tuffli + Bajoran Mapa Bread = Sparkes
Tuffli + Field Rations = Sparkes
Tuffli + Coffee = Dotson
Tuffli + Klingon Targ Milk = Dotson
Tuffli + Prune Juice = Dotson

8th Feb
Tuffli + Catfish Sandwich = Sparkes
Tuffli + Earl Grey Tea = Dotson
Tuffli + Feline Supplement 74 = Sparkes
Tuffli + Ferengi Snail Juice = Dotson
Tuffli + Hot Chocolate = Dotson
Tuffli + Root Beer = Dotson
Tuffli + Synthale = Dotson
Lt. Commander
# 325
02-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Not having much luck with the Yu so far. Here are current results.

Yu:
Jumbo Romulan Mollusk: Stahl
Romulan Kali-fal: Stahl
Cardassian Taspar Egg: Sparkes
Quadrotriticale: Stahl
Klingon Gagh: Stahl
Romulan Ale: Sparkes
Klingon Grapok Sauce: Sparkes
Chateau Picard: Sparkes
Vulcan Spice Tea: Stahl
Slug-O-Cola: Dotsan
Lt. Commander
# 326
02-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Currently running;

CAV w/Rom Mollusk
HIG w/Rom Mollusk
VEL w/Rom Ale
GRI w/Card Tas Egg

Will report back once they breed.

I'm also going to suggest for those trying different combo's that top focus be made toward breeding the rarest Tribbles with the 72% food as you can procure it, as those are the most likely to produce new breeds with new variations on buffs. We can back fill the commons later for completeness. (Or when we run out of 72% food that doesn't cost an arm and a leg) :\
Lt. Commander
# 327
02-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
I'm also going to suggest for those trying different combo's that top focus be made toward breeding the rarest Tribbles with the 72% food as you can procure it, as those are the most likely to produce new breeds with new variations on buffs. We can back fill the commons later for completeness. (Or when we run out of 72% food that doesn't cost an arm and a leg) :\
Yeah, the 72's I haven't tried on a Yu are Tranya, Romulan Osol Twist, Klingon Heart of Targ and Tulaberry Wine.

I have the wine sitting in my inventory, but I can't find the others for a reasonable price (100,000 to 999,999 is NOT reasonable).

I spent the day looking for a vendor that sells Romulan Ale but came up short. Tonight in IRC I was informed of an exploit where people were abusing a mission to get Romulan Ale and that's why there are so many stacks for sale. I won't touch them no matter how low they go and I've double reported the exploit just to be sure it's fixed. I only wish I could see who the sellers are so that I could report them, too.

In the meantime I'm throwing in some random lower level food so I'm not wasting time while waiting for reasonable prices or a drop myself.
Lt. Commander
# 328
02-11-2010, 01:47 AM
CAV w/Rom Mollusk
HIG w/Rom Mollusk
VEL w/Rom Ale
GRI w/Card Tas Egg

Well the VEL w/Rom Ale and GRI w/Card Tas Egg both bred a Sparkes. The other two have not bred yet. (I thought I heard tribbles in BO's item slots could breed?)

Putting VEL on with a Rom Mollusk now as well, so have 3 different Tribbles running with Rom Mollusk atm.
Lt. Commander
# 329
02-11-2010, 02:32 AM
vitales-snail + klingon heart of targ = dotson
yu + klingon heart of targ = dotson
griffis + klingon heart of targ = dotson
vitales-snail + quadrotiticale = stahl
yu + romulan ale = sparkes
Lt. Commander
# 330
02-11-2010, 02:50 AM
VEL and CAV both w/Rom Mollusk both resulted in a Stahl. The Hig on my BO's equipment belt still didn't breed so apparently they cannot breed there afterall.

I guess I'll have to try the HIG w/Rom Mollusk again tomorrow.

Making an update of my chart really quick now that server is down. I've noticed quite a few people submitting repeat results of the 72% foods. We'll be able to go through them all much faster with the rarity of high end food if we stick to new data points as well. When I am on tomorrow I'll update again and then continue to go about testing the remaining 72%'s with whatever food I can find atm.

Chart Updated; Here is my most up to date collection of results. Key at bottom now lists full names, and graph bar names are color coded to match.

A couple facts I've noticed so far. No Tribble can breed more than 1 level higher than itself. Also No tribble appears to breed a rare variety lower than itself. (A couple oddities appear to breed the uncommon heal varieties, but all rare breeding so far is equal to or higher) Also, no Tribble appears to breed itself.

Still looking for breeding info for VT2, also if anyone has a spare VT2 I'd very much like to get a hold of one.