Lt. Commander
# 341
02-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Yeah, I went' with the same DAX analogy.

I also separated my table according to food/drink/%. There is some kind of pattern, at least on the 56% ones.

Breed table, collected from everywhere
Lt. Commander
# 342
02-11-2010, 07:04 AM
According to Snail, YU + Heart of Targ = DOT, so I wouldn't waste another KHoT on that. I actually Looted a Tranya during 1 of the Borg missions, so I'll go ahead and run Yu + Tranya now.

I have an Osol Twist as well, but I'm really trying to keep a single reserve stock of all the 72%'s so I can quickly duplicate any other discoveries, so I'd rather not use it without knowing there's a fairly high chance of success (Like i did with last Taspar Egg to get Daxter), but if none pop up shortly I can run it later.

And yeah, It there is definitely patterning in there Mad_Tom, I noticed that as soon as I started color coding my chart based of rarity. The trick is to crack the pattern. ;P
Lt. Commander
# 343
02-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Just did this 4 times:

Deangelo + Saurian Brandy = Mattson (Orange with Blue Stripes) (1 hr regen & damage buff)

Quarks bar sells all the liquids I used for breeding, alot faster than waiting for drops.
Lt. Commander
# 344
02-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
According to Snail, YU + Heart of Targ = DOT, so I wouldn't waste another KHoT on that. I actually Looted a Tranya during 1 of the Borg missions, so I'll go ahead and run Yu + Tranya now.
Yeah I updated my post after I realized it (sweet chart MadTom).

I'll let my Yu sit with some lower level food while I'm waiting to find an Osol Twist and not waste a Tranya if I find one.
Lt. Commander
# 345
02-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgelon View Post
Just did this 4 times:

Deangelo + Saurian Brandy = Mattson (Orange with Blue Stripes) (1 hr regen & damage buff)

Quarks bar sells all the liquids I used for breeding, a lot faster than waiting for drops.
Awesome, that's the 1st confirmed way to create a MAT without using a 72% food. That should make MAT much more attainable for the majority of players, especially since the item is buy able from a vendor.

Nice work.

Sounds good Dak, I've got my Yu sitting with Tranya now, I'd estimate another 30 minutes and it should breed.

Ok, so now I'm trying to decide if I want to re-order my chart to separate the food and drink like you did Tom, I'm running a quick test now on a possible pattern I may see based off of looking at it by food/drink. If my test comes up correct then you are on to something big.
Lt. Commander
# 346
02-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Patterns make my head hurt. I'll just stuck to the mating habits of the Polygeminus grex.
Lt. Commander
# 347
02-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Damn, well no luck using said pattern to hit a 1st try double stat on a random shot.

DEA + Thalian Chocolate Mousse = STL
And YU + Tranya = DOT so nothing there. either.

So Romulan Osol Twist is the only 72% not tried yet with Yu then. We might finally be at the end of a breeding line here. :\
Lt. Commander
# 348
02-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
So Romulan Osol Twist is the only 72% not tried yet with Yu then. We might finally be at the end of a breeding line here. :\
Unless we're wrong about our patterns, and the high level food has just been a coincidence. Maybe the random food testing will show something. Fingers crossed!
Lt. Commander
# 349
02-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
Unless we're wrong about our patterns, and the high level food has just been a coincidence. Maybe the random food testing will show something. Fingers crossed!
I'm pretty certain on the high level food thing. Random testing will likely discover a couple new combinations to make the lower Tribbles, but I would be very shocked to see a double value Tribble come from a non 72% food at this point. (We may get completely new single stat or double stat Tribble however)

DAX, GRI, and VEL should all yeild a YU or YU level Tribble as well from one of their remaining 72% tests unless HIG and YU are just an anomaly, which would be odd.

If we are to go by this page http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Tribble, there should actually be at least 3 types of Tribbles left for us to discover, which coincidentally would match up decently color pattern wise with each coming from DAX GRI and VEL. Also though, we still have not discovered a 3rd double stat to make the final combination of stats. It could very well be this 1, and a dmg and resistance Tribble on par with Yu's regen that fills out the final 3. (Or maybe there are more without pictures even having been taken of them)

I could even see 1 each on Yu's level for dmg and regen, followed by a way to breed the Best Buy Tribble, or an equivalent one, that requires having all 3 of those together somehow?

Ok, my chart is updated again, I'm off to crash now. I'll most likely sort it by Food/Drink as well tonight/tomorrow morning sometime. http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblechart1.png (For those that are curious, my version is basically a date/time stamp, 0.2.11.8.12a = 2010, Feb 11th, 8:12am so you can see when I updated it last)

Up to 22/22 Tribbles at last not counting the damned Best Buy one. Now if only the food would get cheaper so we could finish filling in the blanks.
Lt. Commander
# 350
02-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Hmm, not yet been to DS9, but obviously this will be one of the first things I'll have to do (Quarks bar is there?)