Lt. Commander
# 351
02-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
Ok, so I just finished working up a new chart with the idea being to attempt to identify breeding patterns, and thus hopefully be able to predict likely combination's of Tribble/food without having to try quite as many possibilities. I've combined info from from both the STO-intel.org wiki and the Google doc's file to put this chart together, so hopefully it is as current as possible.

There is a Key at the bottom, but for a brief rundown, Black is Common, Deep Red is Uncommon, Green is Rare, Blue is Very Rare, and Bright Red is Ultra Rare. Yu is in Yellow, as I think it might be in a 6th category, but I am not positive as of yet.

Let me know what you think, I already see a few very interesting patterns, as well as possible misreports to keep an eye on.

Edit; Ok, here is chart;

http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblechart1.png
We're missing a lot of data points at the lower levels, but I suspect that susilo and stahl are on a level with thomson or tuffli. I don't see those when feeding the lowest level food to the lowest level tribbles, only when dropping down from a higher level or feeding non-replicator food to a low level one.
Lt. Commander
# 352
02-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Lot of results since I went to bed last night. My chart is updated except for the rename of Daxter. Will get to that in a little bit. Need to do some real work before my boss catches me playing with tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 353
02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
As far as the patterns emerging from breaking rows apart by food/drink and level goes, there definitely seems to be something there. Food/drink might not be the right separation at higher levels, but most food items do seem to have a fallback output except when eaten by a few tribbles. Some other (possibly arbitrary) breakdown may show a stronger pattern. I also think we might see a stronger pattern emerge if the columns get broken down by tribble level or type (once we can properly identify the level of each tribble).
Lt. Commander
# 354
02-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by me8myself View Post
i have tried timing it, and its around 45 minutes (4 test will keep trying)
Hmm, it may be a range then, or they changed it recently (in the past few days, as I've been too busy). A week ago when I paid attention, it was exactly on the hour mark 2x in a row from when I logged in first (logged in 9:09, saw spawns at 10:09 and 11:09), and exactly on the hour mark the day before that (logged in 21:23, saw a spawn at 22:23)

Today I tried it when I woke up, and it happened after about 45-50 minutes. Incidentally, that was also when the "global chat server" was down, and my tribble ate the food, but no new tribble appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfniLuck
As far as the patterns emerging from breaking rows apart by food/drink and level goes, there definitely seems to be something there. Food/drink might not be the right separation at higher levels, but most food items do seem to have a fallback output except when eaten by a few tribbles. Some other (possibly arbitrary) breakdown may show a stronger pattern. I also think we might see a stronger pattern emerge if the columns get broken down by tribble level or type (once we can properly identify the level of each tribble).
I was guessing that they went around the devs they're named after and asked them for their favorite foods.
Lt. Commander
# 355
02-11-2010, 10:53 AM
The reason I had the common/uncommon seperation where I did is that only the uncommon ones can breed the rare stat variaties. I think the truth of is is that you can actually seperate the common section further into very common/common, I just didn't see making the seperation worthwhile as they are all extremely easy to find, and neither is of any real value to have. For 100% completeness the could certianly be seperated though.

Yeah type was one of the other ways I had considered catagorizing them, it just took me 4+ hours to make and color code the chart, and I was tired of stareing at spreadsheets on 3 screens at a time trying to fill everything in accurately. I'll probably take a look at that as well in addition to sorting by food/drink later.

And yeah, we had a pretty good night, getting the info sorted to finally crack VT2/DAX was a big step. If we can find any stock of the 72%'s at decent prices it shouldn't take to much longer to finish that bracket, it's all a market issue atm.
Lt. Commander
# 356
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
why is Velasquez here http://www.sto-intel.org/wiki/Tribble listed as DPS x2? I just got one, and nothing seems to indicate it gives any more damage increase than the regular damage increase ones
Lt. Commander
# 357
02-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Scanning the chart I'm definitely seeing some patterns by tribble as well as food. Take a look at the rows for andorian tuber root, betazoid uttaberry, and klingon racht. Most tribbles that eat these end up producing SPA, DOT, and STL, respectively. But when fed to the SPA or THO, they produce VIT, THO, and SUS, respectively. In the end, we may end up with a breakdown of the chart into blocks of different food and tribble types, possibly with exceptions for single food/tribble combos that produce the major evolutionary jumps.
Lt. Commander
# 358
02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Romulan Ale is in a crate found in Psi Velorum Sector on Cirini Prime - not sure if the mission is repeatable.

And unfortunate for me:
McCarry + Romulan Ale = Sparkes
McCarry + Klingon Racht = Stahl
McCarry + Klingon Gagh = Stahl
Lt. Commander
# 359
02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
anyone know what to feed what to get a Yu or Daxter?

and where Tranya drops?
Lt. Commander
# 360
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
confirmed pink (can change to purple)
Deangelo + Saurian Brandy = Mattson

not in table
Sparkes + Root Beer = Thompson

(note sto-intel says this is Susi, but I got a Thompson instead, and I just bought a Susi for 1 credit on the exchange instead of trying to reproduce other Susi entries, after failing at least 3 times on trying to get a new Susi after I gave one to a friend)