Lt. Commander
# 431
02-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Ok, since the Grif is now supposedly fully explored, I can only conclude that at least one of the following exists:
1: One or more of the data points for Grif are wrong
2: We are missing a 72% food that has yet to be found
3: Something is broke with breeding the Griff
4. The last tribble is incorrectly mapped in the game and spawns from Dax (which was patched recently and perhaps it was mistakenly made the parent of the undiscovered tribble)

Looking at breeding data, I think we are at an end here. Given the existing food, I don't believe there is anything above Yu/Nie/xxx. That doesn't mean there won't be something added eventually. I can see another food tier being added at 80% (56>64>72 all +8 steps so next should be 80) in some future expansion and these foods may yield additional tribbles. Who knows what the future holds but with the current data points and breedings, we are at the top tier of tribbles at this point in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 432
02-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfniLuck
Read my post. I said i was a Lt cmdr, not cmdr. So in the same position as you cash-wise.
Rofl, Stupid me, missed the LT in there Doh!
Lt. Commander
# 433
02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
Ok, I just updated my flow sheet to include buff types. It certainly creates and interesting picture now. http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblesheet1.png Once again, credit to IfniLuck for the original flow sheet idea.
Can I suggest reversing the position of HEN and JAS on your chart? It would align with the upper tiers with DPS on the left and regen on the right. Also might want to reverse DAX and GRI to align them as well. Purely cosmetic changes, it doesn't alter the logic, just makes for a cleaner tree.
Lt. Commander
# 434
02-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Been reading through this and had some thoughts come up... Nice work btw.
Quote:
Yes, I 100% agree it looks like those two should go there. Which is why Griffis is so damned perplexing. We're either missing a food, or being screwed badly by a false report.

My plan was to add the pictures, I've just got a million plans, and not enough stupid monitors to do everything on. That + I'm so out of it ATM I can't even seen to properly screenshot my spreadsheet to upload. :\
I'm wondering if there isn't a random factor involved, the possibility of more than 1 tribble per breed+food with set % of chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
I don't think it's a set breed rate, I think it's random. I logged on this morning and within 15 minutes I had a tribble breed... so unless it's based on an in-game timer that suspends while you're offline I don't think it's a set 50 minutes.

I'm running out of things to try with the Yu so either it's the end of the line or it needs to be combined with another tribble to breed the final line(s)..
Again I wouldn't be surprised if the timing was certain intervals with random chances to breed with higher chances as time goes by.

Quote:
Thats what I am thinking with the lvl6's as well. Either they are it, our you have to have them all together to breed a final Tribble.

Thats why I've really been focusing on trying to finish the lvl5's for the moment.
Yeah the thought of needing multiple tribbles together for different breeding chains had crossed my mind as well.

Which if any of these random factors is true would require alot more testing than if they just always bred to the same tribble...
Lt. Commander
# 435
02-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfniLuck
Are we sure on the %s for the two green levels? It seems odd that we would have two generations with the same degree of buff.
Actually, you are correct.The values were too close to identical to tell the difference from the damage tribble I had been using to test with, but switching to a resistance version, which provides the most accurate readout, there is actually a difference.

NIX (type 3a if we still go with that), resulted in resists between .9% and 1.1% (this actually varied per resist, and even per re-petting of the Tribble) RIC (type 4?) incidentally was the same as NIX

STC however (type 3b?) resulted in resists between 1.4% and 1.6% (same random variation)

GRI (type 5?) now varied between 1.8% and 2.1%

So you are actually correct, there is a roughly 50% value step up between what I have been labeling as type 3a and 3b. I'm not sure we we should separate these, or continue to lump them into type 3's? (meaning we'd likely seperate the type 1's as well)

That would leave us with 8 types + the Best Buy from what we currently know, I guess the decision comes down to what the majority would prefer? Also if this is the case do we continue calling NIE/YU type 6, or would they become type 5b, with VEL/HIG/GRI/DAX becoming 5a?

My gut is to seperate 3a/b, but continue to leave 1a/b (the reason being that it's an out of combat clicky only so a slight speed variation is of no consequence) But again, that's just my opinion. Making no change also has the advantage of not forcing people to re-acquaint themselves with what the levels mean, but would prove slightly innacurate.

Thoughts?

I Don't think we are at an end Wolf, but I agree with your four possibilities. I feel there will likely be an end Tribble that combines from the ones at the NIE/YU level, however I don't think it will be a simple 1 Tribble/1 food combination to make. (Incidentally, can anyone with the Best Buy Tribble look up the resist %'s for me?)
Lt. Commander
# 436
02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesden
Can I suggest reversing the position of HEN and JAS on your chart? It would align with the upper tiers with DPS on the left and regen on the right. Also might want to reverse DAX and GRI to align them as well. Purely cosmetic changes, it doesn't alter the logic, just makes for a cleaner tree.
I was going to suggest the same. Damage in the center, resist and regen on the outsides.

I'd personally be inclined to color code by type, rather than tier. Red for damage, green for regen, blue for resist, yellow for damage/regen, magenta for damage/resist, white for rivera, and umm... black for heal? You'll get a nice rainbow going from side to side. Maybe could use brightness along the vertical axis to indicate tier/strength.

LIke I said, if no one beats me to it, I'll put together a graph with images and foods tonight or tomorow, and use this color scheme.
Lt. Commander
# 437
02-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Actually I had them in the order I did for a very specific reason. Currently every row runs alphabetical either right to left, or left to right. Until we find a Tribble that forces that pattern to be broken I want to leave it intact in case it ends up being significant somehow.

I thought about color coding by buff type, but I thought the symbols were just as effective (plus allow different degrees to be displayed) and don't get in the way of color coding the tiers. (the idea was for the tier color coding to match up with my spreadsheet for those who wish to use both together)
Lt. Commander
# 438
02-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Well, I really don't see any other combos being possible. The only exception I can think of is multi-tribble+food and since there have been no confirmed occurnces of multiple tribble breeding, I doubt thats likely to be present. In lore, the tribble is asexual so two tribbles are not required for breeding. If Cryptic stuck with lore, and i think they did, then multiple-tribble breeding is not present in STO. The only remaining possibility is single tribble and multiple food types but, again, I doubt its present.

The caviat here is that there is only ONE tier with multiple buffs. I am surprised that there are not multi-buff tribbles at the higher levels as well. The problem is that there is really no food left to breed with that would result in multi-buff tribbles at the higher tiers, at least none that I can see given the present dataset.
Lt. Commander
# 439
02-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesden
Well, I really don't see any other combos being possible. The only exception I can think of is multi-tribble+food and since there have been no confirmed occurnces of multiple tribble breeding, I doubt thats likely to be present. In lore, the tribble is asexual so two tribbles are not required for breeding. If Cryptic stuck with lore, and i think they did, then multiple-tribble breeding is not present in STO. The only remaining possibility is single tribble and multiple food types but, again, I doubt its present.

The caviat here is that there is only ONE tier with multiple buffs. I am surprised that there are not multi-buff tribbles at the higher levels as well. The problem is that there is really no food left to breed with that would result in multi-buff tribbles at the higher tiers, at least none that I can see given the present dataset.
I just wanted to point out that I really, REALLY love your tribble guide.

The format is excellent and I would love to see the entire thing filled out with the various spreadsheets that are floating around. Having all the data easily viewable with clickable links that shows tribbles related to food is really handy.
Lt. Commander
# 440
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Is it possible that the color of the food or beverage (such as Tulaberry wine for YU) can help predict the outcome?