Lt. Commander
# 441
02-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesden
Well, I really don't see any other combos being possible. The only exception I can think of is multi-tribble+food and since there have been no confirmed occurnces of multiple tribble breeding, I doubt thats likely to be present. In lore, the tribble is asexual so two tribbles are not required for breeding. If Cryptic stuck with lore, and i think they did, then multiple-tribble breeding is not present in STO. The only remaining possibility is single tribble and multiple food types but, again, I doubt its present.

The caviat here is that there is only ONE tier with multiple buffs. I am surprised that there are not multi-buff tribbles at the higher levels as well. The problem is that there is really no food left to breed with that would result in multi-buff tribbles at the higher tiers, at least none that I can see given the present dataset.
Well, my 56% tests are done with all 56% food in the inventory and one tribble. So far, and I have used almost all the 56% food up on her, the tribble has only eaten one item of food/drink and it seems to be totally random what it chooses to eat/drink.
Lt. Commander
# 442
02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Some disappointing results for Daxter.

Tranya: Dotson
Tulaberry Wine: Stahl
Romulan Osol Twist: Sparkes

Just leaves a Taspar Egg left which I'm waiting on now, but I don't have much faith in it since a Taspar egg produced the Daxter in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 443
02-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
So you are actually correct, there is a roughly 50% value step up between what I have been labeling as type 3a and 3b. I'm not sure we we should separate these, or continue to lump them into type 3's? (meaning we'd likely seperate the type 1's as well)

That would leave us with 8 types + the Best Buy from what we currently know, I guess the decision comes down to what the majority would prefer?
I'm in favor of treating it as 8 tiers, as that more accurately reflects the breeding process if you're starting from scratch with a dropped tribble, and the visual development of the color patterns. Best Buy would end up logically as a Tier 4b since it can produce either side of the Tier 5 chart, which reflects how much of the usual process you can skip if you start with one.
Lt. Commander
# 444
02-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
Just leaves a Taspar Egg left which I'm waiting on now, but I don't have much faith in it since a Taspar egg produced the Daxter in the first place.
Don't be so sure.
CAV->MAT->HIG has both steps with romulan ale, and HOW->RIC->GRI are both with mollusk.
Lt. Commander
# 445
02-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
I just wanted to point out that I really, REALLY love your tribble guide.

The format is excellent and I would love to see the entire thing filled out with the various spreadsheets that are floating around. Having all the data easily viewable with clickable links that shows tribbles related to food is really handy.
Thank you but be sure you hand out dibs to these other folks who did much of the research. All I did was simply try to gather the data from my own breedings as well as those from the other sources in this thread and represent the data in a usable format. Most of the data points are not mine, though I am actively going through the breedings I have access to food for to confirm the data.
Lt. Commander
# 446
02-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesden
Thank you but be sure you hand out dibs to these other folks who did much of the research. All I did was simply try to gather the data from my own breedings as well as those from the other sources in this thread and represent the data in a usable format. Most of the data points are not mine, though I am actively going through the breedings I have access to food for to confirm the data.
That's pretty much all any of us with spreadsheets have done.

I think in another week we'll have every data point tested and verified, and there won't be a need for any of these spreadsheets any more. All the important info will be reduced to a one-sheet flowchart which will show what every tribble does and which foods you need to get from one to another.
Lt. Commander
# 447
02-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Failure again.

Daxter + Cardassian Taspar Egg = Sparkes

That exhausts the 72% food for Daxter, which puts it in the same category as Griffis... also Yu.
Lt. Commander
# 448
02-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Some disappointing results for Daxter.

Tranya: Dotson
Tulaberry Wine: Stahl
Romulan Osol Twist: Sparkes

what did you feed a taspar egg to in order to get a Daxter? it doesn't say on the Wiki.

also does anyone know what food I need for a Yu?

these are the only tribbles missing from my collection!
Lt. Commander
# 449
02-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
what did you feed a taspar egg to in order to get a Daxter? it doesn't say on the Wiki.

also does anyone know what food I need for a Yu?

these are the only tribbles missing from my collection!
http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblechart1.png
Lt. Commander
# 450
02-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Not important, but I confirm:
Tuffli + Ferengi Jellied Gree-Worm = Nix
Nix + Romulan Kali-Fal = Stacy