Lt. Commander
# 641
02-16-2010, 05:23 AM
I'm ingame around DS9 currently, so far it seems it has all the 64% Food/Drink buyable there in Quarks bar - on lvl1 and 2 of Quarks bar are also 2 food vendors.

Will check tonight when I log in and write back here my findings. Well, according to this; http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Food somebody obviously crossreferenced to it, however as my mother said: Don't trust anyone but yourself and your felow Tribble breeders.
Lt. Commander
# 642
02-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
I'm ingame around DS9 currently, so far it seems it has all the 64% Food/Drink buyable there in Quarks bar - on lvl1 and 2 of Quarks bar are also 2 food vendors.

Will check tonight when I log in and write back here my findings. Well, according to this; http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Food somebody obviously crossreferenced to it, however as my mother said: Don't trust anyone but yourself and your felow Tribble breeders.
A couple of us found out that the same food is more easily accessible at Andoria, so I stock up there before heading back to Sol to start the next session of breeding

Andoria has these foods for when you log in

Cardassian Kanar
Chateau Picard
Vulcan Spice Tea
Slug-O-Cola
Cardassian Yamok Sauce
Saurian Brandy
Bajoran Jumja Stick
Bajoran Larish Pie
Banana Split
Thalian Chocolate Mousse
Betazoid Ultraberry
Bajoran Moba Fruit
Cardassian Zabu Stew
Vulcan Plomeek Soup
Lt. Commander
# 643
02-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xArcaJethx
I checked my playtime the last hours and every tribble i breed saw the light of the day at a full playtimehour (/played). And i have the feeling that Cryptic changed something, because there was only one new tribble every hour and only in my inventory, the tribbles in my device-slot and my officers slots refused to eat.

Hm ... now i had my charstatus open (i saw my device-slot-tribble and the food) and the tribble in my inventar AND my deviceslot did what they supposed to do ... (but again after one full hour /played).
I think you are right, they have changed something in the last patch. The ones in my inventory breed quickly, but the ones in the device slots don't. I can for example have a breeding cycle in my inventory when the stuff in my device slots have been in there the same time, but I don't get anything from there until some time later. Unfortunately I can't use my bank as its full of food lol.

Quote:
Can you by any chance check if the Rivera Tribble has something like "Bound" next to it? If not I would buy it for 100K from you - you can always create a new character and get a Rivera again and again (if I'm not mistaken). After scrolling through some 30-40 pages on the Exchange for a Rivera I gave up... Unless they make some better sorting mechanism (by name and value for instance)
To be honest I'd rather keep it, but I will check for you if it is listable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I did post the first lot up but wasn't expecting it to be so hectic and confusing to find where I need to put the values rofl. It took me ages to figure it out for those few. It was my first and last time using a wiki rofl.

But feel free to add all mine, I'm still working on an idea myself. I'm a more database orientated person and the more practice I have using them with a website and the fact I have access to my own webserver behooves me to do something on my own site once I have planned out, in another layout/format that has already been done.

I docheck the exchange often for cheap food to store up but no luck yet. Once I have completed my 56/64 vendor lists I'll start going through the looted ones for ones I am missing at that point.
Its not too hard once you get used to it. Was my first time also. I even managed to work out how to do new columns and stuff. Either way I'll add yours up.
Lt. Commander
# 644
02-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Riv + Slug-O-Cola = cavallaro
Lt. Commander
# 645
02-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Don't forget the following rules

Inventory Breeding = Every Tick
Bank Breeding = Every Tick
Belt Breeding = Every Tick when you are on the Ground

When I am near a tick time I either stay where I am if on ground or go to starbase and wait for the tick before moving on with the missions.

Oh yeah, and don't take them near sunlight or feed them after midnight. All hell will break loose. Rofl.
Lt. Commander
# 646
02-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Can you by any chance check if the Rivera Tribble has something like "Bound" next to it? If not I would buy it for 100K from you - you can always create a new character and get a Rivera again and again (if I'm not mistaken). After scrolling through some 30-40 pages on the Exchange for a Rivera I gave up... Unless they make some better sorting mechanism (by name and value for instance)
It is bound, so there is no way to get it. They don't breed either as far as I'm aware. I guess it is not suprising, otherwise you could just setup loads of chars and list them up on the exchange. It would be a gold farmers dream.
Lt. Commander
# 647
02-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Don't forget the following rules

Inventory Breeding = Every Tick
Bank Breeding = Every Tick
Belt Breeding = Every Tick when you are on the Ground

When I am near a tick time I either stay where I am if on ground or go to starbase and wait for the tick before moving on with the missions.
Whats a tick? lol

I wish my bank wasn't full of food tbh, but if I give it to my away team and we get a ground mission, they eat it all lol.
Lt. Commander
# 648
02-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Assume the low prices are just players who have a more than adequate supply of Tribbles getting rid of the fluffies and hoping they to go to a good home.
Lt. Commander
# 649
02-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLJLewis View Post
Whats a tick? lol

I wish my bank wasn't full of food tbh, but if I give it to my away team and we get a ground mission, they eat it all lol.
Rofl. Every hour on the hour it will produce a tribble. When the hour starts is where we are having trouble as it seems to change either on a daily basis or a personal basis. But once that first tribble is born after you log in the next one will be an hour later so plan for it and make sure you are on the ground.

As to using the bank. I have my Belle holding 1 if each tribble in her bank with a few of each stored in mails for use when breeding. Belle only breeds using her belt and inventory. Chantelle uses her bank, belt and inventory with food being stored in mail or on a bridge officer that never joins my away team Spare tribbles are stored on the away team when they are born and every so often I sort them out and either trash/sell/mail them as required. I have just created a 3rd character for extra storage for the moment and ultimately she will be my food storer. For one thing, she will get to do all those nice klingon missions where the different 64% klingon food will drop that I will need to do more tests with so always handy Also, people have been mailing me extra food they get so I'll store all that stuff away.

So, Belle = Tribble Storage, Chantelle = Breeding Bank, Adelle = Food Storage

Once I switch back to playing Belle as she is my main, I'll switch bank purposes with Chantelle so that I get 3 tribbles an hour with Belle instead.
Lt. Commander
# 650
02-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
A couple of us found out that the same food is more easily accessible at Andoria, so I stock up there before heading back to Sol to start the next session of breeding

Andoria has these foods for when you log in
OK, that seems to be the 64% food missing on DS9, according to Wiki - so 64% can be bought also. Hmm, I wonder if there is a shop/cargo ship somewhere that lists the 72% food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twostep View Post
Riv + Slug-O-Cola = cavallaro
Hmm, it seems Rivera is a very good one combined with 64% Drinks. My guess:
RIV + Ald. Whiskey = DEA
RIV + Blood Wine = DEA
RIV + Chateau Picard = DEA
RIV + Trixian Bubble Juice = STC

Quote:
It is bound, so there is no way to get it. They don't breed either as far as I'm aware. I guess it is not suprising, otherwise you could just setup loads of chars and list them up on the exchange. It would be a gold farmers dream.
Thanks for checking anyway. So it states BOUND when you check it. Damn. Hope they come into the C-Store, will stick to my 500 Cryptic points till then.

Quote:
Whats a tick? lol
Everytime you log in, and you see you got a Tribble from food you should write down the time.
So, if you got it at 9:10, the next tick (or breeding cycle) will be at 10:10, then 11:10 and so on.

EDIT:
My Tribble Breeding Table is up to date and crossreferenced with the Tribble Guide. I made 2 sheets now, one is by names, the other one is set-up per groups. Should make it easier pointing out what Tribble/Food combinations still to check. I'm human and collected this from various sites, so please don't shoot me if something is wrong.