02-23-2010, 08:53 AM
My guess and retest for the last tribble but it didn't work out:

Vela + Quadrotriticale = Stah
Lt. Commander
# 892
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaan.Brute
Well, it is easier to say you can only have a single Tribble affect you at any time. If said Tribble gives 1 buff, you get that. If said Tribble gives 2 buffs, you get those. And so forth.

Do note that using the non-buff version with healing will not remove your buffs.
Yep, that's what I meant and a better way of putting it. Thanks!

I'm a bit sad that you basically have to use one of three tribbles to have (what I assume) are the most advantageous buffs of the lot. Of course, if (for instance) a Nelson gave a better damage buff than a Mattson's hybrid damage buff, that would change things up a bit depending on your focus. And maybe that's how it works. I wonder if the buff to damage is reflected in your attack ability tooltips.*

*And the answer to that question is "yes". Should make it easier to do some tests.
Lt. Commander
# 893
02-23-2010, 09:25 AM
By the way, kudos on the printer-friendly version. I went all sneaky-like and printed out some full-colour copies at my workplace.

Now to get them laminated..
Lt. Commander
# 894
02-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaTau
From Ricossa and Mattson up, each tribble does has a stronger effect although I have never proven this and it's my opinion. (It makes sense though)
Ok, I just did some testing. I have a limited number of tribbles to work with but the few I do have show that there is a definite difference. Though the changes seem extremely minor, they are visible by mousing over the ability icons because the buff (at least the damage one) is reflected there.

I equipped a rifle that (with my skills) provides the following stats on its three attacks:

Attack 1: 18 damage, 18 DPS
Attack 2: 122 damage, 12 DPS
Attack 3: 3.7 damage, 4.9 DPS

These values change while under the effect of the Jasperson damage buff:

Attack 1: 19 damage, 19 DPS
Attack 2: 123 damage, 12 DPS
Attack 3: 3.7 damage, 5 DPS

There is a slight rise while under the effect of the Cavallaro damage buff (in the third attack).

Attack 3: 3.8 damage, 5 DPS

I suspect there are similar rises in damage in Attacks 1 and 2, but it would appear that the game does not show fractional damage beyond a certain threshold (probably 9.9?).

Now here's the interesting part. The Mattson tribble (a hybrid damage/regeneration buff), despite being further along the tree, actually gives a smaller damage buff than the Cavallaro tribble (who comes earlier in the tree). The values while under the effect of the Mattson damage/regeneration buff are:

Attack 3: 3.7 damage, 5 DPS

..which seem to match the effectiveness of the much earlier Jasperson damage buff.

I haven't bred any tribbles beyond the Mattson stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the damage buff continues to increase in power the further we go down the line, as long as it's a pure buff instead of a hybrid.
Lt. Commander
# 895
02-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Anything good come from Rivera? I'm apparently like the only person that isn't loaded with credits and was hoping to breed my little guy for something decent. And if it's on the chart, sorry, I can't view it at work
Lt. Commander
# 896
02-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaan.Brute
By the way, kudos on the printer-friendly version. I went all sneaky-like and printed out some full-colour copies at my workplace.

Now to get them laminated..

ARRRRgh... I forgot to name Griffis on the printer friendly chart too (Link now updated)
Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac
Anything good come from Rivera?...
Rivera allows you to skip the preliminary tribbles and go one step before breeding the first real rare tribbles Ricossa and Mattson. It's a useful little fluffy beast indeed. Be happy.. I'm Jealous! Plus it's the only tribble known to have all 3 different buffs at the same time... It's top of the line rare, cannot be bred (so far as is known - which is as it should be for a preorder bonus)
Lt. Commander
# 897
02-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
Ok, I just did some testing....
I haven't bred any tribbles beyond the Mattson stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the damage buff continues to increase in power the further we go down the line, as long as it's a pure buff instead of a hybrid.
This is my 'gut' feeling also. I'm not into theorycraft at all, I play by feeling all the time.
Good stuff! Thanks for taking the time out to test and write up your results.
Lt. Commander
# 898
02-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaTau
This is my 'gut' feeling also. I'm not into theorycraft at all, I play by feeling all the time.
Good stuff! Thanks for taking the time out to test and write up your results.
In the big stickied tribble research thread, some people have done specific research to determine the potency of the bonuses at different tiers. I'm not sure if it's concisely captured anywhere, but the effects to seem to increase through the tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 899 Targs vs Tribbles
02-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Tribbles . . . the other white meat.

Best thing you can do for a Tribble is give it a ride in a microwave.

Why is it the little furball gives Fed players an advantage, but the big fierce Targ does diddly squat for Klingons. You can't even breed Targs. :-(

Hey, where are the Klingon emoticons? {{:-(

STO is so Fedcentric it isn't even funny.
Lt. Commander
# 900
02-23-2010, 12:11 PM
I love my Mattson Tribble. Has a tiger-like look to it. Maybe they should make it so these Tribbles growl occasionally instead of purring.