Lt. Commander
# 961
02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Still, I would also like to se some new breeds from NIE, YU, ZIN and the still unkonown one.

Also, we are missing a tripple stat tribble, next to Rivera.
Lt. Commander
# 962
02-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks! That is a great chart!
Lt. Commander
# 963
02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC26 View Post
In the big stickied tribble research thread, some people have done specific research to determine the potency of the bonuses at different tiers. I'm not sure if it's concisely captured anywhere, but the effects to seem to increase through the tiers.
It's indicated on a few of the charts in the links section of the stickied ()Tribble FAQ().

Right now, it appears that with user-bred tribbles you can get a single type of buff at 2.5x (total of 2.5x), or a pair of buffs each at 1x (total of 2x). The pre-order tribble gives a trio of buffs at 1x (total of 3x). This hierarchy means that in at least two senses (number of buffs, and total value of all buffs), the pre-order rivera tribble exceeds what can be bred in-game; however, if you are solely interested in a single buff (such as damage), you will do better with one of the top-tier bred tribbles.

In IfniLuck's original LCARS Tribble Chart, the pips and half-pips are actually significant, in that they indicate the buff strength. The chart in this thread, while IMO easier to read, doesn't seem to indicate that info; the pips seem to be somewhat arbitrary tier indicators.

You cannot benefit from the long-term buff of more than one tribble at a time (petting another tribble replaces the buff from the first one). You can, however, still use a click-heal tribble as needed. It's relatively inexpensive to equip each of your Boffs with, say, a tuffli and a mattson, so they get two buffs and a click heal (which saves on hypo use after combat).
Lt. Commander
# 964
02-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_2099 View Post
Is it just me or does breeding Tribbles seem more like crafting than Memory Alpha's crafting system?

Agreed! This is great, only slightly disappointed that it was figured out so quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 965
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Oh man, this is beautiful. I've been really interested in tribble breeding but hadn't put in the time to figure out what does what yet. This will save me a lot of effort! Kudos to you and everyone who contributed!
Lt. Commander
# 966 again
02-25-2010, 11:43 AM
RIV + stack of 2 J. Fudge = 2 Stahls (1 at a time)
Lt. Commander
# 967
02-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
Still, I would also like to se some new breeds from NIE, YU, ZIN and the still unkonown one.

Also, we are missing a tripple stat tribble, next to Rivera.
Looking at the charts last night I noticed something. Tribbles come in "alts" of each other for the most part. Like how Cavallaro & Deangelo are opposite colors of each other. From my "research" looking at it, it's entirely possible there are 5 missing tribbles, with the mysterious 26th being Zin's double (or at least that's what it looks like to me on the sto-intel page).

Just a hypothesis, no real basis for my theory other than noticing the duality nature of tribble looks. They don't always exactly color match (see SUS & THO and DAX & GRI) but the fur patterns seem to.

Whatcha think am I totally off base? Will we see 5 new breeds come into the picture at some point via breeding experiments or patches? The whole idea that Quadrotritacale only produces one breed kills me when according to cannon that storage container had dozens of breeds on K-7.

And where are the long-furred tribbles?
Lt. Commander
# 968
02-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
Looking at the charts last night I noticed something. Tribbles come in "alts" of each other for the most part. Like how Cavallaro & Deangelo are opposite colors of each other. From my "research" looking at it, it's entirely possible there are 5 missing tribbles, with the mysterious 26th being Zin's double (or at least that's what it looks like to me on the sto-intel page).

Just a hypothesis, no real basis for my theory other than noticing the duality nature of tribble looks. They don't always exactly color match (see SUS & THO and DAX & GRI) but the fur patterns seem to.

Whatcha think am I totally off base? Will we see 5 new breeds come into the picture at some point via breeding experiments or patches? The whole idea that Quadrotritacale only produces one breed kills me when according to cannon that storage container had dozens of breeds on K-7.

And where are the long-furred tribbles?
I noticed that too but I attributed a different idea to those and instead have plain/spot/stripe combinations.

DOT > HEN > NIX and SPA > JAS > MCC have the DOT/SPA colors combined into stripes or spots
THO > DEA > STC and VIT > CAV > HOW have the THO/VIT colors combined into stripes or spots

TUF seems to be a combination of both with a mixture of spots and stripes
RIV we know is currently the unbreedable one and has a blue/yellow single spot pattern

VEL > DAX are the yellow/reddish stripe/spot combo with no opposite match nor single color base

HIG > GRI seem to be their lilac/purple stripe/spot cousin due to their stripe/spot sizes also with no opposite match nor single color base but the size of the spots/stripes are slightly different from the ones above.

MAT > RIC are the blue/yellow stripe/spot combo, again with no opposite match nor single color base with the stripes and spot sizes again different

NIE > Unknown are the yellow/red stripe/spot combo, and again no opposite match nor single color base and again the stripe/spot sizes are different again.

So with that information if we see how the DOT/THO setup we should see the following :

Yellow* > VEL > DAX,
Red > Red/Yellow Large Stripes > Red/Yellow Large Spots

Lilac > HIG > GRI
Purple > Purple/Lilac Large Stripes > Purple/Lilac Large Spots

Blue > MAT > RIC
Yellow* > Yellow/Blue Medium Stripes > Yellow/Blue Medium Spots

Yellow* > NIE > Unknown
Red* > Red/Yellow Thin Stripes > Red/Yellow Small Spots

So technically we are looking at least for Yellow, Red, Purple, Lilac and Blue plain tribbles and the missing combo ones. A total of 13 not including the Unknown one.

That is of course assuming they are using color genetic system for breeding patterns
Lt. Commander
# 969
02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtedExtra
Agreed! This is great, only slightly disappointed that it was figured out so quickly.
Only down to the minimal patterns. Some of us were hoping for more complex breeding patterns but alas. Now whether there are more that we just haven't discovered due to the complex patterns we haven't come across yet in which case, we haven't figured it out yet
Lt. Commander
# 970 Wow
02-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Nice work on that.