Lt. Commander
# 971
02-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Really nice work, easy to follow. Been meaning to start a breeding program for a while now..

Incidently, did the guys at Cryptic get to choose which tribble was named after them, or was is random? And how many in house jokes are going around with these breeding links?
Lt. Commander
# 972
02-25-2010, 02:32 PM
RIV + Aldebaran WHiskey = Deangelo
Lt. Commander
# 973
02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
This is definitely much easier to read.
Lt. Commander
# 974
02-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profetius Eteus
which i was first to predict :-P

it was Mad Tom's table order that turned my lightbulb on though.

Noticing each of the rare breeds came from a specific lower breed, using a specific food from the 72% tier
Hate to burst your bubble, but we've been discussing the apparent errors in the breeding results for about two weeks now since the 72% foods were exhausted on DAX and the ZIN connection was found.
Lt. Commander
# 975
02-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
Still, I would also like to se some new breeds from NIE, YU, ZIN and the still unkonown one.

Also, we are missing a tripple stat tribble, next to Rivera.
Not sure why there needs to be another triple stat one. The others come in pairs because the tree splits into resist/damage and regen/damage, and each of those split into their respective pairs. But rivera is central, combining all 3, as is tuffli. So the symmetry is maintained with only one at those levels.
Lt. Commander
# 976
02-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
Looking at the charts last night I noticed something. Tribbles come in "alts" of each other for the most part. Like how Cavallaro & Deangelo are opposite colors of each other. From my "research" looking at it, it's entirely possible there are 5 missing tribbles, with the mysterious 26th being Zin's double (or at least that's what it looks like to me on the sto-intel page).

Just a hypothesis, no real basis for my theory other than noticing the duality nature of tribble looks. They don't always exactly color match (see SUS & THO and DAX & GRI) but the fur patterns seem to.

Whatcha think am I totally off base? Will we see 5 new breeds come into the picture at some point via breeding experiments or patches? The whole idea that Quadrotritacale only produces one breed kills me when according to cannon that storage container had dozens of breeds on K-7.

And where are the long-furred tribbles?
Tuffli and rivera are special. I don't think there's any need for them to have a pairing. Tuffli combines both stripes and spots, and is the branching point for the stripe/spot trees. While they could have put in something with reverse colors that does the same thing, we obviously would have found it by now. It seems clear the intent was that all t2 spawn the single t3 branch point. Rivera is of course the best buy reward, so it makes sense that it is unique. And because it lies at the center of the tree, there's no need for it to have a twin either.
Lt. Commander
# 977
02-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestrus
Really nice work, easy to follow. Been meaning to start a breeding program for a while now..

Incidently, did the guys at Cryptic get to choose which tribble was named after them, or was is random? And how many in house jokes are going around with these breeding links?
Rofl, well one of the tribbles is only bred from alcoholic drinks so we're wondering if the namesake has a reputation around the office rofl. But there are definitely tribbles named after cryptic people. Rivera for one and Zinc is named after Zinkoweiz or something similar ( not looking at page right now ) who is the CEO I think of Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 978
02-25-2010, 03:37 PM
If only the food to breed them wasn't twice the value of the tribble. Wonder how fast my Taspar Egg would sell if I put it up for ONLY 50k.
Lt. Commander
# 979
02-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Great chart. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 980
02-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Rofl, well one of the tribbles is only bred from alcoholic drinks so we're wondering if the namesake has a reputation around the office rofl. But there are definitely tribbles named after cryptic people. Rivera for one and Zinc is named after Zinkoweiz or something similar ( not looking at page right now ) who is the CEO I think of Cryptic.
Ahh, but how many love childs might there be, hmm?